By now, you probably have a Google+ account. And if you don't, you have at least heard about it. The problem is figuring out what to do once you have set up your account. In particular, it's hard to find master lists of people to add to your circles.
Google+ is great for posting links for news articles or blogs, which can be helpful for job seekers like you! And there are plenty of career experts already taking full advantage of the platform. To get you started, here is a list of people you should definitely add to your Google+ circles:
1. Jason Lee Overbey, candidate sourcer and profiler. He shares daily information about job seeking, social media, and recruiting.
2. Todd Kmiec, owner of Todd Kmiec & Associates, a recruiting firm. He posts links to relevant stories, and adds his input.
3. Kevin W. Grossman, chief market evangelist at Fisher Vista, LLC and HRmarketer.com. He shares articles concerning HR concerns, and also gives his opinion on different topics.
4. Emily Bennington, college-to-career expert, career author and speaker. She is the founder of Professional Studio 365. She talks about what to do in order to have a successful career, and posts other articles as well.
5. Alison Doyle, job search and employment expert for About.com. Alison adds links covering a variety of topics such as: human resources, career development, and job searching.
6. Jessica Miller-Merrell, CEO for Xceptional HR, author, and HR & recruiting consultant. She shares many different stories regarding human resources, recruiting, and careers. She also has a business page for Blogging4Jobs, which is regularly updated with relevant links.
7. Mark Anthony Dyson, founder and chief evangelist of competitive resumes. He includes many links regarding job seeking, and updates his Google+ stream daily.
8. Hannah Morgan, job search strategies and reputation management expert with CareerSherpa.net. She frequently posts links to her Google+ about job searching, recruiting, and personal branding.
9. Daisy Wright, career results coach, speaker, and author. Daisy shares information about careers, job seeking, and many other things.
10. Jenny Weigle, social media manager at CareerBuilder. Jenny stays up to date with her Google+ account, and is posting links applicable to job seekers.
While this is a short list of people to add to your Google+ circles, following them will help you to find other people. Always be sure to check who is in someone's circles, or who has them in theirs. You can find many other insightful thought leaders this way.
Do you use Google+ to help your job search? Who are some people you have in your circles?
Heather R. Huhman is a career expert, experienced hiring manager, and founder & president of Come Recommended, a content marketing consultancy for organizations with products that target job seekers and employers. She is also the author of Lies, Damned Lies & Internships (2011) and #ENTRYLEVELtweet: Taking Your Career from Classroom to Cubicle.
More From US News & World Report