SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwire - 10/20/10) - CIOs today more than ever face the challenge of making sure that their IT decisions align with their organization's overall strategy. They understand that their IT infrastructure must be able to respond at the speed of business and that conducting business as usual is no longer an option. More and more CIOs are looking to make the transition to a more flexible and efficient infrastructure to better compete not only today but in the future. As a result, selecting the right IT vendors to partner with becomes paramount to success.As a testament to its position as a trusted and strategic IT vendor, NetApp (NASDAQ:NTAP - News) today announced that it is ranked as the #1 hardware vendor and #2 (tied with Cisco) overall IT vendor in the 2010 CIO Insight Vendor Value Ratings survey. The annual survey, conducted by Ziff Davis Enterprise Research, sought feedback from a wide range of IT decision makers across the United States and asked them to rate the vendors they work with in several different categories.News Facts
- For all IT vendors, NetApp ranked #1 in meeting the service level or responsiveness needs of its customers; it ranked #2 in delivering the required service and support levels to customers.
- Within the hardware category, NetApp ranked #1 in delivering value and reliability to customers; it tied for #1 in customer loyalty, with 92% of customers surveyed stating that they prefer to stay with NetApp.
- Additionally, NetApp ranked in the top 10 in several other categories pertaining to all IT vendors, including meeting expectations for increasing revenue, solving the business problem it is paid to solve, meeting commitments on time and on budget, and meeting quality expectations.
- The survey, which took place in July and August 2010, asked questions of 684 IT decision makers at U.S.-based enterprise companies. Of the respondents, 258 were from companies with at least 50 but fewer than 500 employees, 218 had at least 500 but fewer than 5,000 employees, and 208 had 5,000 employees or more.
- Christine Heckart, chief marketing officer, NetApp
"NetApp is committed to providing customers with a level of product innovation, service, and support that is unmatched. Ranking so high in this year's CIO Insight Vendor Value Ratings is a tremendous honor and further supports our notion that not only is storage foundational to business success, but that businesses built on NetApp go further, faster."
- Read more about the CIO Insight Vendor Value Ratings: www.cioinsight.com/c/a/Research/2010-Vendor-Value-Ratings-273058/
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.