- Oracle today introduced Oracle Environmental Accounting and Reporting and Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Environmental Accounting and Reporting, based on the acquired assets of Ndevr in February.
- Organizations globally are faced with a complex set of emissions reporting requirements. Driven by country-specific regulatory mandates as well as stakeholder requests for voluntary reporting, companies are under pressure to provide consistent, transparent and accurate collection, measurement, and reporting of energy usage and emissions data.
- Companies must undergo extensive and expensive data audits in order to maintain a ledger of up-to-date emissions factors and compare results on an annual basis. Existing "ad hoc" approaches utilizing manual or niche solutions have a high operational cost and weak data security and audit-ability.
- Provided as an option for the Oracle E-Business Suite Financials and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Financial Management, the modules now enable organizations to track their greenhouse gas emissions and other environmental data against reduction targets, and to obtain accurate, repeatable and verifiable methodologies for greenhouse gas calculation in accordance with global standards and for both voluntary and legislated emissions reporting schemes.
- The Environmental Accounting and Reporting modules manage this function from within the existing ERP system, and utilize Oracle Business Intelligence to provide immediate insight into an organization's environmental data to identify and manage CO2 and cost reduction opportunities -- resulting in rapid ROI.
- By leveraging existing platforms to collect and report environmental data based on existing business processes, such as invoicing, organizations are able to increase environmental data collection efficiency and reliability and deliver a more accurate measurement of energy consumption.
- Environmental reports required for external reporting, such as the Carbon Disclosure Project, can be rapidly created in multiple delivery formats, including spreadsheets, email and PDF.
- "For the past several years, we have relied on Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and Ndevr's fully integrated NGER product to manage greenhouse gas and energy consumption figures across our widespread operations in the mining, construction and services industries," said Ian Wade, Executive General Manager Business Services, Thiess Pty Ltd. "We look forward to the additional benefits that enhancements in Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Environmental Accounting and Reporting can bring us in helping Thiess cut costs, save processing time and support our sustainability initiatives."
- "Environmental considerations such as emissions reporting are part of the new-normal for all organizations, and Oracle is committed to providing comprehensive solutions to meet these requirements," said Jon Chorley, Vice President of Product Strategy, Oracle. "With the introduction of Oracle Environmental Accounting and Reporting and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Environmental Accounting and Reporting, customers can embed this capability within in the context of their normal business operations, delivering the required results at the best total cost of ownership."
- Oracle Environmental Accounting and Reporting
- Oracle E-Business Suite Financials
- Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Financial Management
- Oracle Environmental Accounting and Reporting (Data Sheet)
- Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Environmental Accounting and Reporting (Data Sheet)
- Thiess Pty Ltd Reduces Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Time from Months to Minutes
About OracleOracle (NASDAQ:ORCL - News) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.Trademark
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.