WASHINGTON, DC--(Marketwire -10/20/11)- The Online Trust Alliance (OTA) today announced the winners of the 2011 Online Trust Leadership Awards Program. This year's award recipients were honored on Wednesday, October 19th, at a special awards session during the 6th Annual Online Trust Forum.
The Online Trust Leadership Awards Program honors companies, non-governmental organizations, and individuals for leadership and commitment to best practices, services and technologies that enhance online trust. The winners received top scores on several criteria including their innovation, industry leadership and collaboration, impact and adherence to the OTA Online Trust Principles.
"From a pool of over 200 nominees, these individuals and organizations stood out for their commitment to security and privacy best practices and industry collaboration," said Craig Spiezle, executive director and president, Online Trust Alliance. "These winners and their companies are to be commended for their leadership in addressing online trust issues, and are 'North Stars' for others to follow. Working together we can increase consumer confidence, through best practices and meaningful self-regulation."
The 2011 Online Trust Leadership Awards for Excellence Winners are:
- Collaboration in Non-Profit Sector: StopBadware
- Business Solutions: Internet Identity (IID)
- Consumer Trust: IntegrityID
- Consumer Trust: FlexJobs
- Trust & Data Stewardship: Intuit
- Email Security Best Practices: JP Morgan Chase
- Security by Design: Message Systems
- Privacy Controls: PrivacyChoice
- Consumer Protection: Secunia
- Self-Regulatory Programs: TRUSTe
- DNS Best Practices: Public Internet Registry
- Security Practices: Diebold
- Higher Education: InCommon Federation
The following OTA members were also recognized for their leadership and contribution to the trust ecosystem:
- Member of the Year: Mike Hammer, web operations security, AG Interactive
- Leadership: Manish Goel, CEO of TrustSphere; Chairman, Online Trust Alliance
- International Ambassadors: Roland Hansen, TrustSphere (Singapore); Casper Schoute, Reputy (Netherlands) and Wayne Huang, Armorize (Taiwan)
More information on the winners including the presentation deck and quotes are posted at https://otalliance.org/news/releases/2011TrustAwards.html.
This year marked the 6th annual Forum, the only conference dedicated to a meeting of diverse leaders in marketing, brand protection, security and privacy to share their best practices and practical advice. This year's Forum generated a groundswell of support and attendance by marquee sponsors and keynotes -- representing the strongest lineup to date. More information about the Forum can be found at: https://otalliance.org/events/2011_Forum/pressroom.html.
About The Online Trust Alliance
OTA's mission is to develop and advocate best practices, training and public policy which mitigate emerging privacy, identity and security threats to online services, brands, government, organizations and consumers. OTA's goal is to increase consumer protection, transparency and control of their data and online activities, thereby enhancing online trust and confidence and the long-term vitality and innovation of Internet-based services. For more information about OTA please, visit: https://otalliance.org or call: 425-455-7400.