BEDFORD, MA--(Marketwire - Nov 15, 2012) - Acme Packet® (
- MetroPCS deployed the Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director session border controller to support its VoLTE and RCS deployments. The Net-Net Session Director provides extensive SIP normalization, mediation, and interworking functions that enable operators to efficiently integrate network elements supplied by multiple vendors.
- Acme Packet's extensible Net-Net Session Director solution supports multiple IMS services -- including VoLTE, RCS, and Voice over WiFi -- in a single platform, with unified administration.
- The Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director solution protects and controls SIP sessions between the MetroPCS service core and LTE endpoints, and provides the Proxy Call Session Control Function (P-CSCF) in the IMS network.
- The Net-Net Session Director provides comprehensive security capabilities and admission control features that protect against denial-of-service threats and non-malicious overloads, and enables operators to extend secure voice and video services over WiFi. The product also provides load balancing and quality of service policy management features that allow operators to ensure high service quality.
- The VoLTE and RCS initiatives extend Acme Packet's relationship with MetroPCS, which started with the management of SIP interconnects with other service providers.
- Rapid time-to-market for secure and reliable VoLTE, Voice over WiFi, and RCS
- Versatile platform enables multiple services for lower capital equipment and operational expenditures
- Agile solution supports IMS-based multimedia communications services
"A true innovator, MetroPCS is the first service provider in the world to deploy a commercial VoLTE service and the first 4G LTE service provider in the world to offer RCS, based on the GSMA RCS 5.0 standard and licensed joyn brand," said Tim Ziemer, vice president of North America and Asia Pacific Japan sales, Acme Packet. "Our Net-Net Session Director helps MetroPCS reap all the benefits of VoLTE and RCS without compromising security or service quality."
More about Acme Packet:
Acme Packet, APKT, MetroPCS, VoIP, voice over IP, Long Term Evolution, LTE, VoLTE, Session Initiation Protocol, SIP, Session Border Controller, SBC, P-CSCF, RCS, IMS
About Acme Packet
Acme Packet (
Acme Packet, Inc. Safe Harbor Statement
Statements contained herein that are not historical fact may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Such forward-looking statements may relate to, among other things, expected financial and operating results, expected growth rates, future stock-based compensation and amortization expenses, future business prospects and market conditions. Such forward-looking statements do not constitute guarantees of future performance and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. These include, but are not limited to: the amount of stock-based compensation awarded; the applicable Company stock price used to determine stock-based compensation; the exercise pattern of employee stock options; difficulties expanding the Company's customer base; difficulties leveraging market opportunities; difficulties providing solutions that meet the needs of customers; poor product sales; long sales cycles; difficulties developing new products; difficulties in relationships with vendors and partners; higher risks in international operations; difficulties managing rapid growth; difficulties managing the Company's financial performance; the ability to hire and retain employees and appropriately staff operations; the Company's cash needs; the impact of new accounting pronouncements and increased competition. Additional factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or suggested in any forward-looking statements are contained in the Company's recent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including those factors discussed under the caption "Risk Factors" in such filings.