SUNNYVALE, Calif., April 29, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ooma, Inc., a smart communications platform for businesses and consumers, today announced new advanced features for Ooma Office, leveling the playing field by giving small businesses the same powerful tools for managing communications as big businesses.
Ooma Office (https://www.ooma.com/office/) is carefully curated to meet the communication needs of small businesses. Simple to buy, set up and manage, Ooma Office delivers professional-grade features such as a virtual receptionist, a conference bridge, music on hold, ring groups and a mobile app.
The new advanced features are:
- Call Blocking – To fight the scourge of unwanted calls, Ooma Office now provides account-level blacklisting, where individual phone numbers can be blocked from calling a company’s main number or any extensions. There’s also now the option to turn on Anonymous Call Rejection (ACR), which blocks any incoming call that doesn’t include Caller ID information.
- Multi-level Virtual Receptionist – Administrators can now create multi-level virtual receptionists, for more accurate call routing. For example, the top-level greeting could say, “Welcome to Acme Industries. Press 1 for sales or press 2 for service.” When the customer selects service, the second-level greeting could say, “Press 1 for widget service or press 2 for gizmo service.”
- Call Park – Instead of losing callers to voice mail during busy moments, the Call Park feature allows up to five simultaneous phone calls to be “parked” on hold and then picked up by any available extension.
- Ring Groups Identification – Ring groups allow an incoming call to ring the phones of multiple users, such as all employees in sales or all employees in customer service. Ooma Office customers can now configure ring groups to show the name of the ring group in the caller ID displayed on the phone, so users know how to answer a call.
- Extension Monitoring – A receptionist or office administrator can manage calls for multiple users with the Yealink T27G receptionist phone and optional Yealink EXP20 expansion module, knowing when lines are free (green light) or on a call (red light). Calls can also be easily transferred at the touch of a button.
- Intercom – From any Ooma Office IP phone, users can now make announcements that are played through the speaker on the recipient’s phone, such as, “Joe, are you available to take a call now?”
All these features are available now at no extra cost and can be easily configured through the Ooma Office Manager online portal. To learn more about all the features Ooma Office provides, please visit https://www.ooma.com/small-business-phone-systems/.
“For small businesses, a missed call is often a lost customer,” said Dennis Peng, vice president of product management at Ooma. “That’s why we’re constantly adding new features to Ooma Office that give busy owners and employees new ways to quickly and efficiently manage phone traffic.”
Acclaimed by customers and reviewers, Ooma Office service recently won PCMag’s prestigious Business Choice Award for Best VoIP System. PCMag’s story on the award says: “Ooma takes the crown for the sixth time in a row, thanks to a top overall score (8.8 out of 10) and an almost astronomically high likelihood to recommend score of 8.9 . . . For six years now, Ooma is the VoIP service PCMag readers believe is the very best. It tops almost every metric we measure, making this cloud-based PBX service the clear choice for any office.”
Ooma Office is priced at $19.95 a month per user with no contracts required. The system is easy to set up and deploy, and Ooma gives customers their choice of end points – conventional analog phones, IP phones, virtual service through the Office for Mobile app, or any combination of the three.
About Ooma, Inc.
Ooma (OOMA) creates powerful connected experiences for businesses and consumers, delivered from its smart cloud-based SaaS platform. For businesses of all sizes, Ooma provides advanced voice and collaboration features that are flexible and scalable. For consumers, Ooma’s residential phone service provides PureVoice HD voice quality, advanced functionality and integration with mobile devices. Ooma’s groundbreaking smart security solution delivers a full range of wireless security sensors and an intelligent video camera that make it easy for anyone to protect their home or business. Learn more at www.ooma.com.
Ooma, Ooma Office, PureVoice and the Ooma logo are trademarks of Ooma, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
The detailed terms and conditions of Ooma's products, services, and support are fully set forth in the Terms and Conditions, available online under the "legal" tab on the bottom navigation bar of the Ooma Web site.
Mike Langberg at Ooma
Matt Robison at Ooma
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/ce8a5122-f0ef-4794-8c57-9dbf84a7158f