Martin Agency's founder, Dave Martin, passed away at 82 after losing a "battle with cancer that had progressed quickly in the past few weeks," the shop said. Martin co-created Martin and Woltz in 1965 — which was renamed The Martin agency a decade later.
The agency world mourns the loss of another great executive. James E. Burke, the Johnson & Johnson CEO who famously ordered the recall of 31 million bottles of Tylenol in 1982 during a poisoning scare and went on to save the brand's name. He was 87.
Adweek takes a look at Grey's leader, Tor Myhren.
PayPal Media Network GM Walt Doyle debuted two new products at the MMA SM2 conference: GeoMetrics and GeoAudiencem which allow advertisers to better target high-performing locations and appropriate specific audiences, respectively. Read about them on PayPal's blog.
IKEA apparently "regrets" airbrushing women out of its catalog in Saudi Arabia.
Check out INNOCEAN's latest TV spot for Hyundai.
Here Media names Stephen Murray its newly created svp of marketing and brand strategy. Murray worked at iVillage/NBC Universal prior to transferring to the gay media company.
StrikeAd and AdMobius announced a partnership that will allow them to do better audience targeting.
PREVIOUSLY ON BUSINESSS INSIDER ADVERTISING:
- The 20 Most Valuable Brands In The World
- Here's What Sheryl Sandberg Says Is Facebook's No. 1 Problem Right Now
- Millennial CEO Paul Palmieri Describes How Mobile Advertising Will Grow To $13 Billion
- P&G, Walmart, Coke And 30 Other Huge Advertisers Just Humiliated Microsoft
- Amazon Just Totally Embarrassed Partner Universal McCann At Advertising Week
More From Business Insider