FREMONT, Calif., Feb. 26, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aehr Test Systems (AEHR), a worldwide supplier of semiconductor test and reliability qualification equipment, today announced it will be exhibiting in Booth 24 at the TestConX 2019 Workshop taking place March 3-6 in Mesa, Arizona at the Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa Hotel.
In addition, Aehr Test FOX Product Director Carl Kasinski will be presenting at the conference on the challenges and solutions for performing reliability testing on devices in panel or strip form over a wide temperature range. New packages are emerging for multi-die and multi-technology devices that are fabricated in panel form with large numbers of very small devices. The challenges of testing these devices are magnified and different than the customary challenges of contacting and managing the temperature of individually packaged singulated devices.
Aehr will be showcasing its ABTSTM family of packaged part burn-in and test systems as well as its next generation solutions for functional test and early failure rate (EFR) test, including its FOX-XPTM system for high volume production, its new FOX-NPTM low-cost entry-level system, and its new FOX-CPTM low-cost single-wafer compact test and reliability verification solution for logic, memory and photonic devices.
Gayn Erickson, President and CEO of Aehr Test Systems, commented, “Aehr Test supplies complete test and burn-in solutions for reliability screening and production of the latest technology devices to ensure that the devices meet their reliability targets, which is the core of this conference. As more new product designs challenge traditional test and reliability screening methodologies, Aehr’s wafer-level and singulated die/module production test and burn-in capabilities offer a cost-effective solution for high volume production of wafers and the latest small packaging methods for modules that integrate multiple device technologies. Reliability-critical applications include automotive vehicle control and sensor systems, sensors and security devices in mobile smartphones and tablets, 5G communications, and an entirely new need for reliability and assurance of operation in wearable biosensors.”
TestConX (formerly Burn-in and Test Strategies Workshop) is the world’s premier workshop dedicated to the advancement of test and burn-in socketing and related technologies. TestConX draws an international who's-who participation from all parts of the semiconductor world with a focus on sockets, contactors, printed circuit boards (PCBs), materials, handlers, contact technologies, burn-in systems, and related technologies, systems, and services. Additional information on the conference can be found on the TestConX website at www.bitsworkshop.org.
Solutions that Aehr will be showcasing at TestConX 2019
- The ABTS family of packaged part burn-in and test systems, which is based on a state-of-the-art hardware and software platform that is designed to address not only today’s devices, but also future devices for many years to come. This system can test and burn-in high pin-count devices and there are also configurations for both high-power and low-power applications.
- The FOX-PTM family of products, which includes multi-wafer test solutions that are capable of functional test and burn-in/cycling of flash memories, microcontrollers, photonics and other leading edge ICs in wafer form before they are assembled into multi-die stacked packages. The FOX-P systems utilize Aehr Test's FOX WaferPakTM contactors or DiePak® carriers, which provide a cost effective solution for making electrical and thermal contact with a full wafer, panel, singulated die or module in a parallel test and burn-in environment. The members of the FOX-P family today include the FOX-XP, FOX-NP and FOX-CP systems.
- The FOX-XP system, the company’s next-generation multi-wafer and now singulated die/module test solution that is capable of functional test and burn-in/cycling of integrated photonics devices, flash memories, microcontrollers, sensors, and other leading-edge ICs in wafer form before they are assembled into single or multi-die stacked packages. The FOX-XP system is designed for high-volume production and can be configured with up to 18 blades to burn in up to 18 wafers simultaneously.
- The new highly integrated FOX-NP system, which offers the same test and burn-in capabilities as the FOX-XP system, but in a 2-blade version, which has a small footprint and is more cost-effective for reliability labs, device qualification, and small-lot production.
- The new FOX-CP single-wafer system, which is a low-cost solution including an integrated wafer prober and performs wafer-level testing and reliability screening. It offers over 2,000 Universal Channels with a cost-effective WaferPak interface for wafer testing.
About Aehr Test Systems
Headquartered in Fremont, California, Aehr Test Systems is a worldwide provider of test systems for burning-in and testing logic, optical and memory integrated circuits and has over 2,500 systems installed worldwide. Increased quality and reliability needs of the Automotive and Mobility integrated circuit markets are driving additional test requirements, incremental capacity needs, and new opportunities for Aehr products in package, wafer level, and singulated die/module level test. Aehr has developed and introduced several innovative products, including the ABTSTM and FOX-PTM families of test and burn-in systems and FOX WaferPakTM Aligner, FOX-XP WaferPak Contactor, FOX DiePak® Carrier and FOX DiePak Loader. The ABTS system is used in production and qualification testing of packaged parts for both lower power and higher power logic devices as well as all common types of memory devices. The FOX-XP system is a full wafer contact and singulated die/module test and burn-in system used for burn-in and functional test of complex devices, such as leading-edge memories, digital signal processors, microprocessors, microcontrollers, systems-on-a-chip, and integrated optical devices. The WaferPak contactor contains a unique full wafer probe card capable of testing wafers up to 300mm that enables IC manufacturers to perform test and burn-in of full wafers on Aehr FOX systems. The DiePak Carrier is a reusable, temporary package that enables IC manufacturers to perform cost-effective final test and burn-in of both bare die and modules. For more information, please visit Aehr’s website at www.aehr.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on information available to Aehr as of the date hereof and actual results could differ materially from those stated or implied due to risks and uncertainties. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Aehr’s expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding its products, including statements regarding future market opportunities and conditions, expected product shipment dates and customer orders or commitments. These risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, customer demand and acceptance of Aehr’s products, the ability of new products to meet customer needs or perform as described, as well as general market conditions and Aehr’s ability to execute on its business strategy. See Aehr’s recent 10-K, 10-Q and other reports from time to time filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission for a more detailed description of the risks facing Aehr’s business. Aehr disclaims any obligation to update information contained in any forward-looking statement to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this press release.
|Aehr Test Systems||MKR Group Inc.|
|Carl Buck||Todd Kehrli or Jim Byers|
|V.P. of Marketing||Analyst/Investor Contact|
|(510) 623-9400 x381||(323) 468-2300|