SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
New family of antennas enable customers to easily add support for sub-6GHz 5G NR, including CBRS and C-band, to endpoints
Airgain, Inc. (NASDAQ: AIRG), a leading provider of advanced antenna technologies used to enable high performance wireless networking across a broad range of devices and markets, including consumer, enterprise, and automotive, today announced the release of its new family of 5G antenna solutions designed to enable customers to easily add support for new 5G NR (Next Generation Radio) bands and deliver maximum performance with a range of form factors that fit their needs.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190321005199/en/
The new sub-6GHz (FGR1) NR antennas leverage and build upon Airgain’s extensive experience in development of sophisticated multi-resonant, multi-band antenna design, providing ultra-wide-band performance out of a single antenna. These new products enable customers to swiftly add 5G support to their small cells, gateways, access points, and end user devices using a single antenna solution.
“The new 5G bands hold the promise of enabling much faster connections for equipment. However, they are incompatible with existing antennas, which means customers face the challenge of how they can swiftly and cost-effectively provide access to the new capabilities,” said Kevin Thill, Senior Vice President of Engineering at Airgain. “Our new family of 5G antenna solutions gives customers a range of options for how they can add 5G support to their equipment, enabling them to choose the right antenna to match their equipment form factor and use case and get their solutions to market quickly.”
Airgain’s new 5G NR antenna family features four new designs to match the needs of a range of equipment use cases:
- Embedded Global Broadband Antenna
- A single feed antenna structure that covers all 5G NR Sub-6GHz FR1 and 4G LTE Bands from 600MHz to 6GHz. A true global antenna that helps ensure customers won’t have any issues with coverage – they can cover all the spectrum with a single antenna. Suitable for a range of use cases including fixed wireless gateway or cellular connected devices.
- Embedded Q-Series CBRS Antenna
- From Airgain’s leading Profile Embedded Q-Series Antenna family, a single feed antenna providing CBRS + C-band coverage from 3.3GHz to 4.2GHz in a very compact 27.0 x 9.0 x 0.5mm form factor. Incorporating Airgain’s new ‘Double Infinite Balun’ balanced antenna design, this antenna is designed to provide optimal performance in ‘noisy’ device enclosures, providing built in noise rejection, improving overall RF system performance. Suitable for a range of use cases including fixed wireless gateway or cellular connected devices.
- External CBRS and C-Band High Performing Omni Dipole Antenna
- Add-on 5G NR external antenna series with high performance low and high gain design to support both indoor and outdoor applications – enables small cell or indoor/outdoor customer premise equipment (CPE) solutions.
- CBRS and C-Band High Gain Panel Array Reference Antenna
- Customizable add-on 5G NR high gain antenna solution that offers flexible design options for embedded integrated or standalone applications. Multiple gain and beamwidth options for indoor or outdoor CPE solutions.
The new 5G NR antennas are available immediately. Contact Airgain at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about new technology offerings.
About Airgain, Inc.
Airgain is a leading provider of advanced antenna technologies used to enable high performance wireless networking across a broad range of devices and markets, including consumer, enterprise, and automotive. Combining design-led thinking with testing and development, Airgain works in partnership with the entire ecosystem, including carriers, chipset suppliers, OEMs, and ODMs. Airgain’s antennas are deployed in carrier, fleet, enterprise, residential, private, government, and public safety wireless networks and systems, including set-top boxes, access points, routers, modems, gateways, media adapters, portables, digital televisions, sensors, fleet, and asset tracking devices. Airgain is headquartered in San Diego, California, and maintains design and test centers in the U.S., U.K., and China. For more information, visit airgain.com, or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Airgain and the Airgain logo are registered trademarks of Airgain, Inc.
Airgain cautions you that statements in this press release that are not a description of historical facts are forward-looking statements. These statements are based on the company's current beliefs and expectations. These forward-looking statements include statements regarding the expected performance features of our new family of 5G antenna solutions and their ability to easily add support for new 5G devices, deliver maximum performance in a range of from factors and use cases, and enable customers to get their solutions to market quickly. The inclusion of forward-looking statements should not be regarded as a representation by Airgain that any of our plans will be achieved. Actual results may differ from those set forth in this press release due to the risk and uncertainties inherent in our business, including, without limitation: the market for our products is developing and may not develop as we expect; risks associated with the performance of our products; our products are subject to intense competition, and competitive pressures from existing and new companies may harm our business, sales, growth rates and market share; risks associated with quality and timing in manufacturing our products; and other risks described in our prior press releases and in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including under the heading "Risk Factors" in our Annual Report on Form 10-K and any subsequent filings with the SEC. You are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof, and we undertake no obligation to revise or update this press release to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof. All forward-looking statements are qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement, which is made under the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.