Lead Plaintiff Deadline is April 22, 2019
NEW YORK, N.Y., March 07, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP announces the filing of a federal securities class action lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois on behalf of investors who bought shares of Akorn, Inc. (AKRX) (“Akorn” or the “Company”) from August 1, 2018 through January 8, 2019 (“Class Period”), inclusive.
Investors who purchased shares of Akorn, Inc. are urged to contact the firm immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 575-0735 or (212) 545-4774. You may obtain additional information concerning the action on our website www.whafh.com.
If you have incurred losses in the shares of Akorn, Inc., you may, no later than April 22, 2019, request that the Court appoint you lead plaintiff of the proposed class. Please contact Wolf Haldenstein to learn more about your rights as an investor in Akorn, Inc.
According to the filed complaint, defendants made false and/or misleading statements and/or failed to disclose that:
- Akorn’s management misled investors concerning the severity of Akorn’s manufacturing violations at its Decatur, Illinois facility;
- Akorn’s responses to the Food and Drug Administration’s (“FDA”) Form 483—which contained a list of observations made by the FDA during its inspection of Akorn’s Decatur, Illinois facility in April and May 2018—would be deemed inadequate by the FDA;
- Akorn repeatedly failed to correct manufacturing violations at this facility;
- the foregoing would subject Akorn to heightened regulatory scrutiny by the FDA; and
- as a result, Akorn’s public statements were materially false and misleading at all relevant times.
Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP has extensive experience in the prosecution of securities class actions and derivative litigation in state and federal trial and appellate courts across the country. The firm has attorneys in various practice areas; and offices in New York, Chicago and San Diego. The reputation and expertise of this firm in shareholder and other class litigation has been repeatedly recognized by the courts, which have appointed it to major positions in complex securities multi-district and consolidated litigation.
If you wish to discuss this action or have any questions regarding your rights and interests in this case, please immediately contact Wolf Haldenstein by telephone at (800) 575-0735, via e-mail at email@example.com, or visit our website at www.whafh.com.
Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP
Kevin Cooper, Esq.
Gregory Stone, Director of Case and Financial Analysis
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: (800) 575-0735 or (212) 545-4774
Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee or predict a similar outcome.