SCOTTSDALE, AZ--(Marketwired - Oct 7, 2013) - TASER (
Significant deployments include:
- Albuquerque Police Department (NM) purchased 525 AXON flex cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com
- Spokane Police Department (WA) purchased 220 AXON flex cameras with three years of EVIDENCE.com
- Brookfield Police Department (WI) purchased 63 AXON flex cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com
"The use of on-officer wearable cameras is the best way to ensure that you are providing verifiable quality police services to your community," said recently retired Albuquerque Police Chief Ray Schultz, who oversaw this initiative prior to leaving the department. "After testing and evaluating several different systems we decided on the AXON flex Camera System and EVIDENCE.com service as our video management platform," concluded Chief Schultz.
"We believe that the AXON flex cameras are critical to ensuring that we serve all members of our community in a manner consistent with the highest standards of policing," said Chief Frank Straub, Jr. of the Spokane Police Department. "We also believe the use of this technology will provide opportunities for us to demonstrate the professionalism of our officers, as well as to gain critical information to enhance our training."
"These significant new deployments of AXON and EVIDENCE.com continue a trend of accelerating growth in this space for us," said Rick Smith, CEO and founder of TASER International. "We believe we are approaching a tipping point where the deployment of both body-worn video and cloud computing are fast moving beyond early adopters into the mainstream of policing. Our goal now is to further accelerate market adoption and to build a universal platform for EVIDENCE.com across the public safety space as rapidly as possible. Our strategy is simply to win this market by offering the best products at the best prices. We will host an investor conference call later today to discuss our strategy to accelerate market adoption, including our new tiered, transparent pricing structure."
The Company will be hosting an investor call at 12:00 PM EDT today, Monday, October 7th, 2013 to review the Company's growth strategy, brand repositioning and new tiered pricing strategy announced October 3, 2013. TASER's CEO Rick Smith, CFO Dan Behrendt and President of EVIDENCE.com Jason Droege will host the call. To join the live call, please dial toll free at (877) 303-9126, or for international callers, please dial (253) 237-1156. The pass code is 77266667. For additional information regarding the new pricing strategy and other information regarding the Company, please see our updated Q2 2013 Investor Relations Presentation on our website at http://investor.taser.com.
Additional agencies deploying AXON flex cameras and/or EVIDENCE.com:
- Chanute Police Department (KS) with EVIDENCE.com
- East Troy Village Police Department (WI) with EVIDENCE.com
- Flagler County Police Department (FL) with EVIDENCE.com
- Fort Huachuca Directorate of Emergency Services (AZ)
- Fresno Police Department (CA) with EVIDENCE.com
- Kokomo Police Department (IN) with EVIDENCE.com
- Lamoille County Sheriff's Office (VT) with EVIDENCE.com
- Leon County Sheriff's Department (FL) with EVIDENCE.com
- Newport News Police Department (VA) with EVIDENCE.com
- University of Georgia Police Department (GA) with EVIDENCE.com
- Vacaville Police Department (CA)
- Wayland City Police Department (MI) with EVIDENCE.com
Additional agencies deploying AXON body™ cameras and/or EVIDENCE.com:
- Nevada State Office (NV)
- Charleroi Police Department (PA)
- Dalhart State Police (TX) with EVIDENCE.com
- Furman University Police Department (SC)
- Hallsville ISD Police Department (TX)
- Hamilton County Sheriff's Office (TX) with EVIDENCE.com
- Lagrange Police Department (GA) with EVIDENCE.com
- Lumpkin Police Department (GA) with EVIDENCE.com
- Rio Arriba Sherriff's Office (NM) with EVIDENCE.com
- Stockton Police Department (CA)
These orders were received in the third quarter and are expected to ship in the third and fourth quarters.
- AXON flex Camera Photos: http://www.taserbranding.com/law-enforcement-products/on-officer-video/axon-flex/press-images/
- AXON body Camera Photos: http://www.taserbranding.com/law-enforcement-products/on-officer-video/AXON-body/press-images/
International Language Websites:
- Brazilian: http://br.taser.com/
- French: http://fr.taser.com/
- German: http://de.taser.com/
- Spanish: http://es.taser.com/
- United Kingdom: http://uk.taser.com/
TASER Social Media Links
- TASER Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
- EVIDENCE.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EVIDENCEcom
- TASER Blog: http://blog.taser.com/
- TASER YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/taserinternational1
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/OfficialTASER
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER protects life. TASER Conducted Electrical Weapons (CEWs) have saved more than 114,000 lives from potential death or serious injury. We enable greater transparency with the industry-leading TASER CAM and AXON flex on-officer camera systems. Together with our customers, we are defining the future of smart policing by connecting intelligent devices and sensors with the first secure cloud-based digital evidence management solution for law enforcement: EVIDENCE.com.
Since 1994, more than 260,000 private individuals have relied on TASER technology to protect themselves and their loved ones. Learn more about TASER and its solutions at www.TASER.com and www.EVIDENCE.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER® is a registered trademark of TASER International, Inc., registered in the U.S. All rights reserved. TASER logo, AXON flex™ and AXON body™ are trademarks of TASER International, Inc.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, http://blog.taser.com, www.twitter.com/taser_ir, www.twitter.com/officialtaser and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Erin Curtis by phone at 480-515-6330 or via email at IR@TASER.com.