SAN MATEO, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 14, 2015) - AlienVault™, the leading provider of Unified Security Management™ and crowd-sourced threat intelligence, today announced Unified Security Management (USM) 5.0, the latest version of its all-in-one security platform designed and priced to ensure that mid-market organizations can effectively detect and defend themselves against emerging threats. USM 5.0 adds greater visibility into systems, data and users, with built-in essential security controls, compliance management and integrated threat intelligence -- on day one. AlienVault USM 5.0 will be generally available on April 20, 2015 and shown in the company's booth #1807 at RSA, April 20-23.
Gartner predicts IT security spending will reach $77 billion this year as organizations become more "threat-aware." However, many mid-market companies lack the IT budget and technical expertise needed to deploy numerous point security products and gather and analyze enough actionable information to stay ahead of threats. Now, with asset-oriented security and enhanced database performance, AlienVault USM 5.0 is the all-in-one, affordable solution that accelerates threat detection and incident response, particularly for IT teams with limited resources -- budget, people or technology.
"IT teams of all sizes suffer from too much data and not enough clear, actionable threat intelligence to detect and respond to breaches," said Roger Thornton, CTO of AlienVault. "IT or Security practitioners can now deploy a unified platform that accelerates threat detection and response by showing what threats are most important and how to mitigate them, on day one. It's like having your own dedicated team of security analysts."
"The updates to the asset workflows in USM 5.0 have greatly improved my day-to-day routine. I use AlienVault for inventory management, so having the ability to manage a large number of assets and organize them effectively makes my job a lot easier," said Stephen Molina, Information Security Administrator at Save Mart. "With USM 5.0, I am also able to quickly organize and see what assets I need to pay attention to the most and then make sure that all my security controls are set correctly for those important assets from a centralized view."
New features in USM 5.0 include:
- Asset-Oriented Security: Managing the security of any number of assets can be challenging under the best of circumstances, and being able to identify and monitor all assets on a constantly changing network is critical. USM 5.0 makes it easier for IT teams with limited resources to find and group their assets, apply security controls, and monitor their assets for easier administration and simplified compliance management.
- 10X Increase in Database Performance: Database performance can be a bottleneck for customers who are collecting, correlating, analyzing and reporting on a high number of events per second, limiting their ability to store data and conduct forensic searches after a suspected breach. USM 5.0 now features 10X faster database performance and enhanced storage capacity for users to correlate and analyze more data, faster, and for longer periods of time than ever before.
- Rapid Response Message Center: To ensure visibility of critical threat intelligence updates from AlienVault Labs, system events, and warnings, USM 5.0 centralizes delivery of all in-system alerts, warnings and messages into a single message center within the USM console, enabling more immediate response to system issues and breaking threats.
- Launchpad Customer Training: With feature-rich tools, customers are often unaware of all the functionality USM offers. AlienVault now includes a one-day training course to provide an overview of the USM platform's full range of capabilities so new customers can make the most of USM on day one.
Alongside USM 5.0, AlienVault today also announced the beta launch of Open Threat Exchange (OTX) 2.0, which is leading the industry to shift from its traditional contribution-based model for sharing threat intelligence to a community engagement-based model for more collaborative defense. The news of USM 5.0 and OTX 2.0 comes on the heels of the company's announcement of USM for Amazon Web Services (AWS). USM for AWS is AlienVault's first cloud-based solution aimed at supporting organizations with an AWS-environment that want to better manage their security in the cloud.
- Apply to participate in the OTX 2.0 beta program
- Join us for a demo of USM 5.0
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
AlienVault's mission is to enable organizations with limited resources to accelerate and simplify their ability to detect and respond to the growing landscape of cyber threats. Our Unified Security Management (USM) platform provides all of the essential security controls required for complete security visibility, and is designed to enable any IT or security practitioner to benefit from results on day one. Powered by threat intelligence from AlienVault Labs and the AlienVault Open Threat Exchange -- the world's largest crowd-sourced threat intelligence network -- AlienVault USM delivers a unified, simple and affordable solution for threat detection, incident response and compliance management. AlienVault is a privately held company headquartered in Silicon Valley and backed by Trident Capital, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, GGV Capital, Intel Capital, Sigma West, Adara Venture Partners, Top Tier Capital and Correlation Ventures.
AlienVault, Open Threat Exchange and Unified Security Management are trademarks of AlienVault. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.