- Amazon announced a $60 microwave under its AmazonBasics brand.
- It'll come with the company's Alexa smart voice assistant functionality, and you'll be able to control the microwave's functions with your voice.
- The microwave also comes with an integrated Amazon Dash Replenishment, which can automatically re-order food items when you're running low.
Amazon unveiled its new AmazonBasics Microwave during an event in Seattle on Thursday. The microwave is available to pre-order on Thursday, and costs $60. It'll ship later this month.
It looks like a pretty basic microwave, as you can see in the photo above, but Amazon's microwave comes with Alexa built-in. The company says "you can cook just by asking Alexa."
The Amazon Basics Microwave will include "dozens of quick-cook voice presets." It has a built-in "Ask Alexa" button you can press to tell Alexa how long you want to cook, too: "Cook for two minutes and fifteen seconds," for example.
It'll also have Amazon's Dash Replenishmen functionality, which can re-order food items when you're running low.
The New York Times' Farhad Manjoo tweeted about a very possible scenario and vision for Amazon, where the company is part of your daily eating routine and combines three Amazon products seamlessly:
Amazon Echo can now give you step by step instructions for Amazon’s meal kits.
You might get these from Amazon’s Whole Foods, and you might cook it in your Amazon microwave.
Now tell us what you think!
Want to take more surveys? Share your opinion - Become a BI Insider today!
- Amazon is releasing four new products to make your speaker system way smarter — including a subwoofer
- Amazon's brand-new $150 Echo Plus is an easier way to make your home smart
- Amazon just accidentally leaked details about 2 new Alexa devices ahead of an event today