NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Amazon Studios announced today that Lili Reinhart (Riverdale) will star in writer/director Richard Tanne’s coming-of-age drama and romance film, Chemical Hearts. Based on the beloved novel Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland, the film is currently shooting in New Jersey. Chemical Hearts is an Amazon Original produced for Amazon Prime Video. Producers are Page Fifty-Four’s Alex Saks (The Florida Project, Book Club) and Tanne, and the film is executive produced by Jamin O’Brien (Eighth Grade) and Reinhart, in her first executive producer role.
17-year-old Henry Page has never been in love. He fancies himself a romantic, but the once in a lifetime kind of love that he’s been hoping for just hasn’t been in the cards for him—at least not yet. Instead, he’s been happy to focus all of his attention on finally becoming the editor of his high school newspaper. Then, on the first day of senior year, he meets transfer student Grace Town (Reinhart) and knows everything’s about to change.
“We are thrilled to work with this talented team to bring to life a beautiful story of first love and heartbreak,” said Julie Rapaport, Co-Head of Movies at Amazon Studios. “Krystal Sutherland’s novel captured the hearts of readers around the world, and we are excited to bring this film to our global Prime Video customers.”
Production is working with RespectAbility, a nonprofit organization that focuses on ensuring the accurate portrayal of characters with disabilities in media.
Winner of several Teen Choice awards for her role as Betty Cooper in the hit series Riverdale, Lili Reinhart will next be seen starring opposite Jennifer Lopez and Constance Wu in Lorene Scafaria’s feature film Hustlers. She recently starred in Melanie Laurent’s Galveston opposite Elle Fanning and Ben Foster and Julia Hart’s Miss Stevens opposite Lily Rabe and Timothée Chalamet. Reinhart is represented by UTA and Anonymous Content.
Writer/director Richard Tanne’s first feature film was the well-received Barack and Michelle Obama first date story, Southside With You, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and was released by Miramax and Roadside Attractions. For the film, he was nominated for the Bingham Ray Breakthrough Director Award at the Gothams. Tanne is represented by UTA, Artists First, and attorney Debbie Von Arx.
About Amazon Studios
Amazon Studios brings bold and innovative series and films from top tier and up-and-coming creators to customers in over 200 countries and territories. Original productions range from daring and timely subject matter such as Amy Sherman-Palladino’s award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to the action-packed Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan and critically hailed Man in the High Castle. In film, Amazon Studios produces and acquires original movies for theatrical release and for streaming exclusively to Amazon Prime members. At the 2017 Academy Awards, Amazon Studios became the first streaming service to win Oscars for Manchester by the Sea (Best Screenplay, Kenneth Lonergan and Best Actor, Casey Affleck) and The Salesman (Best Foreign Film). At the 2019 Oscars, Cold War was nominated for Foreign Language, Director and Cinematography. Upcoming 2019 movie titles include Nisha Ganatra’s Late Night, Paul Downs Colaizzo’s Brittany Runs a Marathon, Scott Z. Burns’ The Report, Alma Har’el’s Honey Boy, Tom Harper’s The Aeronauts, Benedict Andrews’ Against All Enemies and more.
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of digital videos—all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals including the Emmy Award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Homecoming, Hanna, Fleabag, Good Omens, Donald Glover’s Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick and Cold War, and the critically-acclaimed Beautiful Boy, exclusives, live sports and licensed and self-published content available in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
- Watch more with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 150+ channels in the US like HBO, Cinemax, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CBS All Access — no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and entire seasons of current TV episodes, available for all Amazon customers to rent or buy.
- Instant access: Watch where and when you want with the Prime Video app on your smart TV, mobile device, Fire TV, Fire tablet, Apple TV, game consoles, Comcast X1 or from the web. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
In addition to access to movies and TV shows included with Prime, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: amazon.com/prime.