ALLENTOWN, PA--(Marketwire - Mar 11, 2013) - Ambassador Financial Group, Inc. is pleased to announce it has acted as financial adviser and provided the fairness opinion to Riverview Financial Corporation (
Riverview is headquartered in Halifax, Pennsylvania and had assets of $292 million as of December 31, 2012. Its primary subsidiary, Riverview Bank, operates ten full service banking offices in Dauphin, Cumberland, Schuylkill, and Perry counties, and one dedicated wealth management office in Schuylkill County. Union is headquartered in Pottsville, Pennsylvania and had assets of $123 million as of December 31, 2012. Its primary subsidiary, Union Bank & Trust, operates six full service banking offices and one dedicated trust and commercial banking office in Schuylkill and Northumberland counties.
This is Ambassador Financial Group's eighth transaction announced in the past two years:
- Riverview Financial Corporation (PA) consolidation of Union Bancorp (PA)
- MVB Financial Corporation (WV) $19 million acquisition of Potomac Mortgage Group, LLC (VA)
- NBT Bancorp (NY) $233 million acquisition of Alliance Financial Corporation (NY)
- Old Line Bancorp (MD) $49 million acquisition of WSB Holdings (MD)
- ESSA Bancorp (PA) $24 million acquisition of First Star Bancorp (PA)
- Capital Bank (MD) branch sale to DNB First, NA (PA)
- Canandaigua National Corporation (NY) acquisition of OBS Holdings (NY)
- ESSA Bancorp (PA) acquisition of the benefit consulting insurance business of
William S. Harrison II (PA) and David P. Lilly (PA)
Ambassador's M&A expertise can assist financial institutions seeking to acquire, identify an exit strategy, or find a strategic partner. For acquirers, the firm helps identify candidates, determine strategies, create pro-forma models, and workable transaction structures. For those considering an exit, the firm identifies potential interested buyers, determines the likely interest and potential value of each, prepares an information memorandum and contacts those determined to have the greatest potential, and negotiates on behalf of clients. For those looking for a strategic partner, in addition to financial modeling and analysis, the firm employs its experience to develop solutions to social, management, and corporate culture issues to facilitate a mutually beneficial, value-enhancing combination.
At Ambassador, our goal is to assist our clients in achieving their strategic goals. We do this by offering personalized service along with a comprehensive suite of capital market services that encompass balance sheet management, investment banking, and investor relations.