SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwired - Nov 13, 2013) - AMD (
"The AMD Radeon R9 270 GPU continues AMD's tradition of delivering world-class performance, features and multi-monitor support at an incredible value," said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager, Graphics Business Unit, AMD. "With Mantle, exceptional performance and ultimate gaming experiences are synonymous with AMD Radeon R7 and R9 Series graphics cards. Once again, AMD proves that Radeon™ is gaming."
Based on AMD's award-winning Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture, the AMD Radeon R9 270 graphics card is further enhanced by Mantle, an industry-acclaimed technology developed by AMD to enable today's top game developers to harness the GCN-powered cores of both PCs and consoles. Mantle delivers a streamlined development process and games enabled with Mantle will be able to speak the native language of the GCN architecture, benefiting from hardware optimization that unlocks revolutionary performance and image quality.
The AMD Radeon R9 270 graphics card is ideal for gamers looking to play the latest games at 1080p with high settings. A single power connector and 150W TDP also make it ideal for users with longer upgrade cycles that are looking to squeeze more life out of their current gaming rig.
Additional features of the AMD Radeon R9 270 graphics cards include:
- 1,280 stream processing units
- Up to 925MHz engine clock
- 2GB GDDR5 memory
- Up to 1.4 GHz (5.6Gbps) memory clock speed
- 179.2 GB/s memory bandwidth (maximum)
- 2.69 TFLOPS Single Precision compute power
- API support for DirectX® 11.2, OpenGL 4.3 and Mantle
The AMD Radeon R9 270 graphics cards will be available on Nov. 13, 2013 at a starting price of $179 USD and EUR134 (excluding VAT)1.
- Learn more about the AMD Radeon™ R9 Series graphics cards
- Read our blog: The four core principles of AMD's Mantle
- Become a fan of AMD Gaming on Facebook
- Engage with us on Twitter @AMDRadeon
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and Radeon are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
1 SEP as of November 13, 2013.