Animal style continues to reign supreme with fast-food patrons across America. In-N-Out Burger has once again topped Market Force’s annual customer survey of the nation’s top quick-service restaurants
In-N-Out Burger, a beloved California-based burger joint, earned a 76% rating in customer loyalty. That’s higher than any restaurant in any category, even though the chain is famously limited to only the West Coast.
It’s a redemption of sorts for In-N-Out, which added its first new menu in 15 years earlier this year. While In-N-Out Burger won the Market Force survey last year, Five Guys bested it in a separate Harris Poll last year.
Chick Fil-A came in second in the overall rankings, with 73% customer loyalty. Other big winners included Culver’s, which sells burgers in 24 states, and Raising Cane’s, which specializes in chicken.
Missing from the customer loyalty survey were the biggest national chains. and Subway were ignored in favor of regional favorites. Here are the winners in some of the top food categories.
Best burgers in America
Five Guuys Burger and Fries
Steak ‘n Shake
Best chicken in America
El Pollo Loco
Best Mexican restaurant chain in America
El Pollo Loco
Best sandwiches in America
More from Fortune.com
- More E. Coli Infections Tied to Romaine Lettuce Have Been Reported, CDC Says
- Starbucks Wants Its New "Cold Foam" to Be the Next Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Chopped Romaine Lettuce May Be Behind an 11-State E. Coli Outbreak, CDC Says
- The Internet Just Discovered Walmart Sells 'Funeral Potatoes' and It Has Questions
- A Dead Spider Was in This Woman's McDonald's Sandwich and She 'Didn't Even Get an Apology'