AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
American Campus Communities, Inc. (ACC), the largest owner, manager and developer of high-quality student housing properties in the U.S., today announced that American Campus Communities (ACC) was recognized for five awards at the 2018 Interface Conference’s Innovator Awards, sponsored by Student Housing Business magazine.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180410006421/en/
The five categories include: Best Architecture/Design, Best Use of Green & Sustainable Construction or Development (on and off campus), Best Public/Private Partnership Development and Best Bandwidth/Connectivity Solution.
Since the inception of the Student Housing Business Innovator Awards, ACC has received an industry-leading total of 29 awards, furthering its best-in-class reputation among colleges, universities and industry partners. ACC has completed the development of 131 communities, representing a total development of $6.7 billion, acquired $5.9 billion in student properties, and currently owns and manages more than 134,100 beds at 94 collegiate campuses across the country.
“We’re excited and honored to receive this recognition from the prestigious Student Housing Business Innovator Awards,” said Bill Bayless, CEO of American Campus Communities. “As we celebrate our 25th year, I’m especially proud that our communities and partnerships continue to lead the way in innovation, sustainability and design. The outstanding talents and efforts of our partners and our American Campus team truly put students at the forefront of design and service to create the best in our industry.”
The individual awards are:
- On-campus: Best Architecture/Design – Tooker House: The sixth phase of the ACC-ASU partnership, Tooker House is a 1,594-bed community located on the Arizona State University campus. The LEED Gold community opened in the fall of 2017 and houses students in ASU’s Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering. Tooker House provides residents with modern amenities and academic resources specifically catered to the needs of an engineering student.
- On-campus: Best Use of Green & Sustainable Construction/Development – Tooker House
- On-campus: Best Public/Private Partnership Development – Tooker House
- Off-campus: Best Bandwidth/Connectivity Solution – ACC/Pavlov Media: In 2017, Pavlov Media and American Campus Communities partnered to provide five student communities serving students at Texas A&M University with an outstanding connectivity solution, including increased bandwidth and improved wireless coverage, all with lower monthly costs.
- Off-campus: Best Use of Green & Sustainable Construction or Development – Suites at Third: Suites at Third is a 251-bed, off-campus community serving students at the University of Illinois in Champaign, Ill. The community earned LEED Homes Gold for outstanding sustainable design and provides residents with an ideal location pedestrian to the University campus and a hub of retail and student life activity.
Additionally, two projects now owned by American Campus Communities and developed by Core Spaces received awards at the event.
- Off-campus: Best Architecture/Design (more than 400 beds) – The James: The James is an 850-bed community located in Madison, Wis. that was acquired by ACC in 2017. Pedestrian to the University of Wisconsin campus, the community provides residents with a convenient location, modern apartments, and amenities for academic and personal success.
- Off-campus: Best New Development (400 beds or fewer) – Hub U District: Hub U District is a 248-bed student community serving students at the University of Washington in Seattle. The community features fully furnished apartments, modern amenities, resources for academic success, and a convenient location pedestrian to the University campus.
The prestigious Student Housing Business Innovator Awards annually honor excellence in development, architecture/design, sustainable design and development, finance, marketing and promotion and amenities in student housing properties, on- and off-campus. Winners are selected by a jury of student housing industry executives.
About American Campus Communities
American Campus Communities, Inc. is the largest owner, manager and developer of high-quality student housing communities in the United States. The company is a fully integrated, self-managed and self-administered equity real estate investment trust (REIT) with expertise in the design, finance, development, construction management and operational management of student housing properties. As of December 31, 2017, American Campus Communities, Inc. owned 169 student housing properties containing approximately 104,100 beds. Including its owned and third-party managed properties, ACC's total managed portfolio consisted of 206 properties with approximately 134,100 beds. Visit www.americancampus.com.
In addition to historical information, this press release contains forward-looking statements under the applicable federal securities law. These statements are based on management’s current expectations and assumptions regarding markets in which American Campus Communities, Inc. operates, operational strategies, anticipated events and trends, the economy, and other future conditions. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve certain risks and uncertainties, which are difficult to predict.