The project is titled “The Mother-in-Law,” based on the novel of the same name by Sally Hepworth. It is described as a thriller centered around a woman’s complicated relationship with her husband’s family that ends in death.
More from Variety
- What to Watch on TV This Week: 'BoJack Horseman,' 'Will & Grace' Debut Their Final Seasons
- Live+3 Ratings for Week of Oct. 7: 'Batwoman' Doubles, 'This Is Us' Tops Scripted
- TV News Roundup: NBC Announces 'Making It' Season 2 Premiere Date
Goldberg will executive produce in addition to writing. Poehler will executive produce via Paper Kite Productions along with Kate Arend, the company’s head of production. Hepworth will also executive produce along with Dave Becky of 3 Arts Entertainment. Universal Television, where both Poehler and Goldberg are under deals, will produce.
Goldberg serves as writer and showrunner on the upcoming Netflix space drama “Away,” which stars Hilary Swank. She previously created the Hulu series “The Path,” with her other credits including shows such as “Parenthood” and “Deception.” She is repped by McKuin Frankel.
Poehler and Paper Kite currently produce the critically-acclaimed Netflix series “Russian Doll.” Their upcoming projects include the Adult Swim series “Three Busy Debras,” the Fox animated comedy “Duncanville,” and the feature “Moxie.” Poehler is repped by WME, 3 Arts Entertainment and Sloan Offer. (Pictured: Amy Poehler, left; Jessica Goldberg, right)
Best of Variety
- Emmys Trivia: 20 Surprising Facts From 2019's Nominations
- Listen: Hugh Grant on Why He Would Kill Social Media if He Could
- 'Game of Thrones' Filming Locations in Northern Ireland to Open as Tourist Attractions