ST. LOUIS, Dec. 11, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Amdocs (DOX), a leading provider of software and services to communications and media companies, today announced it was named a leader by prominent global industry analyst firms in their latest reports and awards programs covering the industry’s vendor landscape. Reports span areas vital to communications and media companies on their journey to becoming digital service providers, from front-end engagement channels and business and operational support systems, to service-driven networks and smart operations.
“Digital transformation, network virtualization and, increasingly, the advent of commercial 5G deployments are driving service providers’ need to modernize and automate their platforms and business processes at the speed of light,” said Anthony Goonetilleke, group president of Amdocs Media & Technology. “It’s always encouraging to be recognized by leading industry analysts for our passion to propel the communications and media industry forward. Through our continued investment in leading-edge R&D, our goal is to be the partner of choice in transforming customer experiences.”
Amdocs sustains or grows market-share leadership in its core business areas
- Heavy Reading ranks1 Amdocs as the global leader in the overall BSS/OSS market, with an estimated market share of 22 percent, nearly twice the size of the second-ranked vendor. In all, according to Heavy Reading, the top five vendors in this market have a collective market share of 61 percent.
- Frost & Sullivan’s Stratecast ranks2 Amdocs global market-share leader in the overall monetization market for the tenth consecutive year, with an estimated market share of 20 percent. Stratecast also recognizes Amdocs as the global market-share leader in the billing and charging sub-segment, with an estimated market share of 20 percent.
- IHS Markit also ranks3 Amdocs as the global leader in the overall revenue management market with an estimated market share of 22 percent.
- Analysys Mason recognizes4 Amdocs as the global leader in the overall monetization platforms product-related market for the 11th consecutive year, with an estimated market share of 23 percent, nearly twice the size of the second-ranked vendor. In the same report Analysys Mason also recognizes Amdocs as the global market-share leader in monetization platforms product-related services, with an estimated market-share of 31 percent, equivalent to the market share of the second, third, fourth and fifth-ranked vendors combined.
- In a separate report, Analysys Mason also ranks5 Amdocs as the global leader in the engagement platforms product-related market, with an estimated market share of 20 percent.
- Amdocs also wins the “2018 Frost & Sullivan Asia-Pacific Telecom OSS/BSS Vendor of the Year award” for the third consecutive year.
Amdocs jumps to #1 position in network virtualization
- Analysys Mason ranks6 Amdocs as the global leader in the overall service design and orchestration product-related market, moving from second to top position, with an estimated market share of 12 percent. Analysys Mason also recognizes Amdocs as the global market-share leader in the service design and orchestration product-related services and order management markets, each with an estimated market-share of 14 percent.
- Global Data also ranks7 Amdocs a global leader in service fulfilment and orchestration, by delivering a service-driven network vision essential to driving operator digital transformation. Through its unified portfolio development strategy that combines network rollout acceleration, virtual networking, autonomous service assurance, hybrid network operations and 5G readiness capabilities, Amdocs is providing the end-to-end orchestration solutions that operators must embrace to extract value from the digital ecosystem.
Amdocs leads advancements and execution of service provider migration to autonomous, smart operations
- In the HFS Industry Blueprint Report8: Telecommunications Operations Blueprint 2018, which ranks IT and business process services vendors, Amdocs is positioned in the ‘Winner’s Circle’ which recognizes vendors who show excellence in both innovation and execution according to clients.
- Amdocs also wins the 2018 MEF Technology Solution of the Year in the Service Automation category for its Autonomous Service Assurance solution and was recognized as a key enabler for service providers’ migration towards fully autonomous operations.
1 Heavy Reading report: OSS/BSS Vendor Landscape: Industry Outlook & Company Analysis, July 2018
2 Stratecast report: Global CSP Monetization and Financial Assurance 2018 Edition, August 2018
3 IHS Market report: Revenue Management, Annual Market Report, Regional, July 2018
4 Analysys Mason report: Monetization Platforms: Worldwide Market Shares 2017, September 2018
5 Analysys Mason report: Customer Engagements Systems: Worldwide Market Shares 2017, September 2018
6 Analysys Mason report: Service Design and Orchestration Systems: Worldwide Market Shares 2017, October 2018
7 Global Data report: Service Fulfillment and Orchestration: Competitive Landscape Assessment, November 2018
8 HFS report: Industry Blueprint: Telecommunications Operations 2018, July 2018
- Keep up with Amdocs news by visiting the company’s website
- Subscribe to Amdocs’ RSS Feed and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube
Amdocs is a leading software and services provider to communications and media companies of all sizes, accelerating the industry’s dynamic and continuous digital transformation. With a rich set of innovative solutions, long-term business relationships with 350 communications and media providers, and technology and distribution ties to 600 content creators, Amdocs delivers business improvements to drive growth. Amdocs and its 25,000 employees serve customers in over 85 countries. Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $4.0 billion in fiscal 2018. For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com.
Amdocs’ Forward-Looking Statement
This press release includes information that constitutes forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about Amdocs’ growth and business results in future quarters. Although we believe the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be obtained or that any deviations will not be material. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ from those anticipated. These risks include, but are not limited to, the effects of general economic conditions, Amdocs’ ability to grow in the business markets that it serves, Amdocs’ ability to successfully integrate acquired businesses, adverse effects of market competition, rapid technological shifts that may render the Company's products and services obsolete, potential loss of a major customer, our ability to develop long-term relationships with our customers, and risks associated with operating businesses in the international market. Amdocs may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future; however, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These and other risks are discussed at greater length in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including in our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2018 filed on December 10, 2018 and our quarterly 6-K form furnished on February 12, May 21, August 13, and November 9, 2018.
Amdocs Public Relations
Tel: +1 (201) 631-6810
Hotwire PR for Amdocs
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or AmdocsUS@hotwirepr.com