Luxembourg May 7, 2019 (14:45 CET) - The Annual General Meeting and Extraordinary General Meeting of shareholders (“the General Meetings”) of Aperam held today in Luxembourg approved all resolutions on the agenda by a large majority. 65,820,713 shares, or 76.99% of the Company's share capital, were present or represented at the General Meetings. The results of the votes will be posted in due course on www.aperam.com under "Investors" - “Equity Investors” - "Shareholders' Meetings" - "7 May 2019 - General Meetings of Shareholders".
In particular, the shareholders
- approved the consolidated financial statements for the financial year 2018;
- re-elected Mr. Lakshmi N. Mittal, Mr. Romain Bausch, Mrs. Kathryn A. Matthews and Mr. Aditya Mittal; and elected Mrs. Bernadette Baudier as Directors of Aperam for a term of three years;
- renewed the authorisation of the Board of Directors of the Company and of the corporate bodies of other companies in the Aperam group to acquire shares in the Company;
- authorized grants of share based incentives under the Group’s Long Term Incentive Plan covering Performance Share Unit grants for the Leadership Team and other performance based grants below the level of the Leadership Team;
- decided to cancel shares and to consequently reduce the issued share capital following the cancellation of shares repurchased under the share buyback program, such cancellation to take place after the end of the program.
Aperam is a global player in stainless, electrical and specialty steel, with customers in over 40 countries. The business is organized in three primary operating segments: Stainless & Electrical Steel, Services & Solutions and Alloys & Specialties.
Aperam has 2.5 million tonnes of flat Stainless and Electrical steel capacity in Brazil and Europe and is a leader in high value specialty products. Aperam has a highly integrated distribution, processing and services network and a unique capability to produce stainless and specialty from low cost biomass (charcoal). Its industrial network is spread in six production facilities located in Brazil, Belgium and France.
In 2018, Aperam had sales of EUR 4,677 million and steel shipments of 1.97 million tonnes.
For further information, please refer to our website at www.aperam.com
Corporate Communications / Laurent Beauloye: +352 27 36 27 103
Investor Relations / Thorsten Zimmermann: +352 27 36 27 304