NEW YORK, April 30, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Argus Research, an independent investment research firm, has launched Equity Research Report coverage on Aptorum Group Limited (APM)
Click here to view Full Argus Report
Highlights, as conveyed by Argus Analyst Steve Silver, include:
- APM: Addressing Orphan Indications and Unmet Needs
- In our view, Aptorum has compiled an impressive pipeline of early-stage assets that we expect to drive significant value, both from internal development and external collaborations.
- In mid-2018, Aptorum launched a medical clinic in Hong Kong. Over time, we expect revenue from this business to help mitigate the company’s R&D cash burn.
- In December 2018, Aptorum raised approximately $11 million from an initial public offering. The Company ended 2018 with $27.1 million in cash/restricted cash and marketable securities, which should be sufficient to advance at least one of its lead clinical programs to Phase I trials.
- Based on our sum-of-the-parts NPV valuation for the company’s lead programs and IP and technology assets, we arrive at a fair value estimate of $24 per share, well above current levels.
INVESTMENT THESIS (partial excerpts below: click here to view the full Argus Report)
Aptorum Group Ltd., based in Hong Kong, is developing a range of therapeutic and diagnostic technologies to treat unmet medical needs. Its primary focus areas include infectious diseases, neurology, gastroenterology, and oncology. Aptorum is also developing product candidates in surgical robotics and medical devices. In mid-2018, the company launched an outpatient clinic in Hong Kong to treat chronic diseases resulting from modern sedentary lifestyles and an aging population.
Amid an improving regulatory backdrop for antibacterial therapeutics, we see the potential for ALS-4 to advance rapidly through clinical development and to become Aptorum’s lead program. ALS-4 is a small molecule aimed at treating bacterial infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus, including MRSA. MRSA is a difficult-to-treat, hospital-acquired pathogen, often referred to as a “super bug,” that is a worldwide cause of morbidity and mortality. In the U.S. alone, MRSA is associated with more than 100,000 hospitalizations and approximately 19,000 deaths annually, according to the company. ALS-4 is the first product candidate to apply chemical genetics to tackle MRSA infection. The company’s development team won the Innovation Academy Award at the 4th International Conference on Prevention & Infection Control (ICPIC 2017).
About Aptorum Group Limited (APM) (www.aptorumgroup.com):
Aptorum Group Ltd., a Hong Kong-based pharmaceutical company, develops and commercializes therapeutic and diagnostic technologies to treat unmet medical needs. The company also focuses on the development of surgical robotics and medical devices and operates outpatient clinics.
APM Investor Relations Contact:
Chief Financial Officer
Tel: +852 2117 6611
About Argus Research Corp. Headquartered in NYC, Argus Research (www.argusresearch.com) is a leading independent equity research firm (est. 1934) ̶ providing fundamental and quantitative research coverage on more than 1,500 companies across all 11 sectors of the S&P 500, as well as macroeconomic and equity market forecasts, thematic research, model portfolios and pre-IPO research. In addition, Argus has recently committed to providing a sponsored research solution for small & mid-cap companies seeking coverage. Our Asset Management, Bank Trust, sell-side advisor and self-directed investor clients value Argus’s proprietary equity research methodology, analysis and commentary. Argus’s Equity Research/earnings estimates are available on major research / earnings estimate aggregator platforms, including Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Factset and S&P Global.
For more Information, contact:
Argus Research Co. has received a flat fee from the company discussed in this report as part of a Sponsored Research agreement between Argus and the company. No part of Argus Research’s compensation is directly or indirectly related to the content of this assessment or to other opinions expressed in this report. Please refer to the full Argus report and the disclaimer for complete disclosures.