The Australian dollar has rallied significantly during the week, breaking above the 0.7050 level, but did pull back just a bit during the Friday session. This makes sense though, because the reality is that traders don’t like to carry a lot of risk into the weekend. However, the previous candle stick was a hammer and the fact that we not only broke above the top of that hammer and then the 50 pip range that has been so crucial tells me that the market is trying to make a bigger move for the longer-term.
AUD/USD Video 22.07.19
Ultimately though, pullback should be buying opportunities and I do think that it’s only a matter of time before we go higher. The 0.72 level above is major resistance, and that’s an area that should be targeted, and a bit of trouble. However, I also recognize that the market is forming a bit of a longer-term turn around and bullish pattern. To the downside, it’s very likely that the 0.6850 level underneath would be support and could end up being the “bottom” of the market in general. This could be the beginning of a trend change, but obviously we have a lot of different things going on at the same time.
The Federal Reserve is very likely to cut interest rates and that of course helps break down the value of the greenback, which is obviously half of the equation. Beyond that, the gold market has been rallying for some time and that helps the Aussie dollar. All things being equal, I am bullish but I recognize it’s going to be a serious fight.
Please let us know what you think in the comments below
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- Natural Gas Price Fundamental Daily Forecast – Heat for First Week in August Fueling Short-Covering Rally
- The Playbook to Shape Your Trading Week
- Grains Down Amid Cooler Weather in US, but Heatwave Looms in Europe
- E-mini Dow Jones Industrial Average (YM) Futures Technical Analysis – July 22, 2019 Forecast
- AUD/USD Price Forecast – Australian dollar looking to break out
- EUR/USD Mid-Session Technical Analysis for July 22, 2019