SANTA CLARA, CA--(Marketwired - May 6, 2013) - Avaya
- Avaya One Source initiative consolidates all pricing, tools and processes into one easy-to-access model
- New Web-based quote system accelerates responses to customers and significantly reduces order cycles
- New Avaya Aura® suites simplify pricing and delivery of unified communications applications
Avaya, a global provider of business communications and collaboration systems and services, today announced details on the global rollout of Avaya One Source, an initiative for Avaya Connect partners and distributors that speeds and simplifies access to the company's entire portfolio of unified communications (UC), contact center, networking, and small and medium enterprise (SME) solutions.
The company also today announced three new Avaya Aura® suites of UC, mobility and collaboration applications that help simplify pricing and the delivery of UC applications. The suites make it easy and cost-effective for channel partners and customers to select and deploy the right mix of UC capabilities across their entire workforce.
Avaya One Source
Avaya One Source speeds quoting and ordering of all Avaya solutions through more efficient pricing, processes and tools. New automation capabilities, real-time access to standardized pricing, and an integrated and centralized Web-based system significantly reduces order cycle times, enabling channel partners to deliver quicker responses to customers. Avaya One Source will be available to all 9,000 Avaya Connect channel partners.
Key Avaya One Source features include:
- A convenient One Source 'Landing Page' consolidates access to all catalogs and pricing files, quote tools and special pricing requests -- as well as the ability to securely place and view orders -- into a single, password-protected site.
- An integrated quoting and ordering system unifies all solution pricing1 within a single Web-based location, equipped with electronic ordering and shopping carts, as well as new automation capabilities to deliver more accurate, real-time pricing in minutes. Partners can also share quotes with distributors via the Web, and have VPN-less access to quotes and ordering for a speedier, more productive quote-to-order process.
- Simplified global pricing and discounting reduces 1,400 Avaya material price groups to 13 and combines over 200 separate pricing catalogs into one. Standardized global pricing and discounting -- including graduated discounting based on partner level -- helps ensure pricing consistency and clarity across every region.
Avaya One Source is already deployed in key regions throughout the world, with full deployment planned for all countries in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific by July. Availability for the U.S., Canada and CALA region is calendar Q4 2013.
Avaya Unified Communications Suites
Avaya also introduced three new UC application suites that provide businesses with simplified pricing and significantly lower TCO, new licensing options and a more convenient way for implementing UC. This makes it easier to order features based on specific business needs, including remote user security, BYOD capabilities, and mobile video conferencing. The three suites have their own characteristics, with each one adding more UC capabilities. They are:
- Foundation: Delivers rich, scalable enterprise-wide architecture for communications, including SIP-enabled clients, core telephony, messaging, instant messaging/presence and desktop video clients.
- Mobility: In addition to Foundation features, this adds capabilities for remote, mobile and traveling workers anywhere. Includes single number access, BYOD features and secure remote access.
- Collaboration: Builds upon Foundation and Mobility suites with power collaboration capabilities such as video and multi-modal conferencing. Scalable to tens of thousands of users, and uses distributed media and a 'video routing' architecture.
These new suites replace the Standard and Enterprise Editions of Avaya Aura UC solutions.
"Avaya One Source provides our partners with a powerful new way to handle all of their pricing and ordering needs with greater velocity through a consolidated approach. Everything a partner needs to speed responses to customers is in a single Web-based location, backed by an e-business model driven by efficient flow and simplified access. With this milestone moment, we and our partners will accelerate the next phase of Avaya innovation into the market."
--Tom Mitchell, senior vice president, Avaya Global Sales
"Avaya One Source is an important step in simplifying the process for partners engaging with Avaya's communications solutions, and should accelerate Avaya's business through partners, and therefore to end-customers."
--Paul Edwards, director, Infrastructure Channels, IDC
Avaya, Avaya One Source, channel, Avaya Connect, unified communications, contact center, networking, SMB, SME
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
1 Includes all Avaya heritage, Nortel Enterprise Solutions and former Radvision solution pricing.