VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Sep 20, 2012) - Avrupa Minerals Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:AVU)(8AM.F) is pleased to announce that it has secured a listing in Europe on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange under the trading symbol "8AM". Avrupa has also engaged the German firm Finanzkommunikation GmbH, to assist with translation and distribution of news releases to German investors and financial institutions. The following webpage is a direct link to the Avrupa listing on the Frankfurt exchange.
Paul Kuhn, President & CEO, Avrupa commented that, "Avrupa already has a few shareholders in Germany and Europe and this Frankfurt listing will help them with liquidity and also make it easier for European investors to trade in the common shares of Avrupa. With Avrupa''s European focus on mineral exploration, including Portugal, Kosovo and Germany, this seemed like a very good fit."
Avrupa Minerals Ltd. is a growth-oriented junior exploration and development company focused on aggressive exploration, using a prospect generator model, for valuable mineral deposits in politically stable and prospective regions of Europe, including Portugal, Kosovo, and Germany.
The Company currently holds 16 exploration licenses in three European countries, including eight in Portugal covering 2,608 km2, six in Kosovo covering 198 km2, and one in Germany covering 307 km2. Avrupa operates two joint ventures in Portugal, covering four of the licenses, including:
- The Alvalade JV, with Antofagasta Minerals SA, covering three licenses in the Iberian Pyrite Belt of southern Portugal, for Cu-rich massive sulfide deposits; and
- The Covas JV, with Blackheath Resources, covering one license in northern Portugal, for intrusion-related Au-W deposits
Avrupa is currently upgrading precious and base metal targets to JV-ready status in a variety of districts on their other licenses, with the idea of attracting potential partners to project-specific and/or regional exploration programs. These projects include:
- Porphyry Cu-Au potential in southern Portugal in the Alvito license area;
- Four licenses covering targets in the Pyrite Belt, the north Portugal Au-W belt, and the Monchique alkalic complex of southern Portugal;
- Five licenses spread throughout Kosovo in the Trepça Mineral Belt of the Vardar Zone, historically a long-term producing district of silver and base metals;
- One additional license for gold and copper in southern Kosovo;
- One license for intrusion-related Au-Sn-W deposits in the historic Erzgebirge Mining District of eastern Germany, a 900-year producer of tin, tungsten, silver, base metals, and uranium.
On behalf of the Board,
Paul W. Kuhn, President & Director
This news release was prepared by Company management, who take full responsibility for its content. Paul W. Kuhn, President and CEO of Avrupa Minerals, a Licensed Professional Geologist and a Registered Member of the Society of Mining Engineers, is a Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101 of the Canadian Securities Administrators. He has reviewed the technical disclosure in this release.