With nearly half a billion Videoleap creations made by users every year, Lightricks brings its popular video editing tool to Android in response to thousands of requests
NEW YORK & JERUSALEM, July 27, 2021--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Lightricks, creator of the world’s leading photo and video editing apps including Facetune2, Facetune Video, and Beatleap, today announced the official Android launch of its premiere video editing app, Videoleap. Geared for both social media users and professional content creators alike, Videoleap brings the power of desktop video editing software to mobile, while maintaining the elite quality brand fans know and love. Videoleap democratizes professional-level, easy-to-use tools in order to create, edit, customize and share snippets or full length videos. With downloads on iOS increasing by 70% in the last year, Videoleap shows promising success with its foray into the Google Play store, and Lightricks looks forward to welcoming millions of new Android users to its already massive creator community.
Given the recent rise of the creator economy, Lightricks conducted a survey to its Videoleap iOS users which found that close to half of Videoleap users are currently engaged with or are in pursuit of monetization activities—showing that the app has seen a significant uptick in professional use amidst the rise of global content creation. Videoleap’s user base spans the social media universe, with 47% of users exporting their creations to TikTok in pursuit of monetizing content. While the remaining 53% of active users prefer a more conventional use of social media, users still adhere to Lightricks’ brand promise of creativity through using the app for fandoms and other niche audiences. Currently on iOS, the app sees nearly 20 million videos shared each month. Lightricks’ suite of apps is geared towards anyone, whether they consider themselves a content creator currently or aspire to be one—and the Lightricks ecosystem is increasingly paving the way to success for those entering the newly booming creator economy.
"Creating accessibility within the Videoleap community has always been a part of the plan, and we’re excited to announce this strategic expansion of our offering to Android users everywhere," says Daniel Berkovitz, Lightricks’ newly minted Chief Product Officer. "We’ve seen a huge influx of paid iOS subscribers throughout the year, and we’re ready to enter a new space with Android users, who we know are eager for the same state-of-the-art capabilities our Videoleap app offers iOS users."
Videoleap’s tools allow its users to easily create storytelling, educational, promotional and social media videos on both premium and free versions of the app. More specifically, its high tech movie editing tools can be seen on professional editing software such as: keyframe animations, green screen/chroma key compositing and an intuitive timeline with zoom for frame by frame precision, available at the click of a button. In addition, the app boasts top-of-the-line video special effects, creative cinematic compositions, precision tools and sound effects accessible to users of all skill levels.
"Our entire mission is to build innovative tools and services that empower creativity and fuel the creator economy," says Zeev Farbman, CEO and co-founder of Lightricks. "With the launch of Videoleap on Android, we’re excited to see how our new Android users will indulge their expressiveness and bring their ideas to life."
Videoleap is currently available for iOS and Android devices and can be downloaded for free. Access to the app and premium features are available with a subscription for $7.99/month, or with additional discounts if bought as a one-time purchase or multiple month bundle.
To download Videoleap on the App Store, please click here.
To download Videoleap on the Google Play Store, please click here.
To access the Videoleap media kit, including visual assets, please click here.
For more information about Lightricks, please visit www.lightricks.com.
Lightricks is a pioneer in creativity tools that inspire people to craft visual content and share the world through their eyes with friends, family and followers. The company brings a unique blend of cutting-edge academic research, technology, and design to every product experience it creates. Lightricks’ suite of apps has over 500 million downloads worldwide and has won numerous prestigious awards — including Apple’s App of the Year, the Apple Design Award and both Apple’s and Google Play’s Best of the Year. With five international offices, and backers including Goldman Sachs Private Capital Investing, Insight Partners, Greycroft, ClalTech and Viola Ventures, Lightricks is on a mission to democratize creativity and empower self-expression all over the world. Download the apps now on iOS and also on Google Play. For more information, visit: www.lightricks.com.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210727005260/en/