With just about five weeks to go before The Bachelor premieres — starring race car driver and former The Bachelorette reject Arie Luyendyk Jr. — ABC has released the first promo featuring footage of Arie’s “journey” to find “love.” And while some spoilers about Arie’s dates and the women he’ll take on them exist out there on the Interwebs, some of us in Bachelor Nation prefer to get clues about the new season the old-fashioned way: By dissecting this promo like it’s the Zapruder film.
To that end, here are 11 thoughts I had while watching the first footage of Arie and his “ladies”:
1. Give this promo writer a raise!
2. Was that pillow recycled from Bachelor in Paradise? It looks awfully familiar.
3. Those dresses look… crunchy.
4. Did a woman with short hair actually get a one-on-one date? Historic!
5. Is that young woman wearing Chuck Taylors? If so, I approve.
6. “Leap of faith” date? Check.
7. Platform dancing at a public concert date? Check.
8. This “lady” is really confident about her deodorant.
9. Obligatory race track date? Check.
10. These “ladies” are single-handedly keeping the hair-extension industry in business.
11. This woman, however, is not. You do you, gurl!
So, rose lovers, what do you think of this Bachelor first look? Post your thoughts below. And I’ll see you next year!
The Bachelor premieres Monday, Jan. 1, 2018, at 8 p.m. on ABC.
Read more from Yahoo Entertainment:
Review: Netflix’s ‘The Punisher’ makes ultraviolence seem inevitable
‘The Bachelor’ couples: Where are they now?
Those ‘Justice League’ end-credits scenes and other Easter eggs (spoilers!)