Aug 26 (Reuters) - The Baltic Exchange's main sea freight index edged lower on Wednesday, as rates declined across all vessel segments.
* The Baltic dry index, which tracks rates for ships ferrying dry bulk commodities and reflects rates for capesize, panamax and supramax vessels, was down by 9 points, or 0.6%, at 1,509.
* The capesize index fell 15 points, or 0.7%, to 2,278.
* Average daily earnings for capesizes, which typically transport cargoes of 170,000 tonnes to 180,000 tonnes including iron ore and coal, declined $117 to $18,896.
* The panamax index was down 13 points, or 0.8%, at 1,616, falling for a eighth straight session.
* Average daily earnings for panamaxes, which usually carry coal or grain cargoes of about 60,000 tonnes to 70,000 tonnes, fell by $114 to $14,544.
* The supramax index inched 4 points lower to 960. (Reporting by Diptendu Lahiri in Bengaluru; Editing by Aditya Soni)