- Learning Together: Series of podcasts based on webcasts created in collaboration with Grupo Santillana and El Pais
- Powerhouse Conversations: Podcasts include conversations with notables across multiple fields, such as Jane Goodall, Barbara Oakley and Jimmy Wales
HOUSTON, Jan. 23, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- BBVA today announced the availability of the English version of its popular podcast created in collaboration with Grupo Santillana and El Pais, Aprendemos Juntos, or Learning Together.
The webcast, and subsequent podcast, is a project on behalf of the three that strives to promote education and its role in child development by featuring individuals who can ignite a child's passion for learning across multiple fields. For BBVA, this project is a tangible representation of its brand promise, Creating Opportunities.
Featuring powerhouses across many fields, including in entertainment, science, engineering and technology, Aprendemos Juntos episodes will be released on a periodic basis. Episodes presently available on bbva.com include:
- You are creative, whether you know it or not, Duncan Wardle
- Breaking the myths about teenagers, Daniel J. Siegel
- Strategies for being a better learner, Barbara Oakley
- What can you learn from an astronaut?, Chris Hadfield
- What it takes to be a good teacher, Ken Robinson
- Knowing how to concentrate is more decisive for a child than his IQ, Daniel Goleman
- My message to the girls who dream of being scientists, Jane Goodall
- Take care of your brain now, and it will take care of you later, Frances Jensen
- How we use the phone in front of our children, Adam Alter
- The mindset that can change a child's life, Carol Dweck
- Prepare your child for the path, instead of the path for your child, Tim Elmore
- Can a group of children with access to the internet learn on their own?, Sugata Mitra
- What makes the world's happiest people different?, Tal Ben-Shahar
- Mindfulness in education, Eline Snel
- Learning how to learn is more important than ever, Jimmy Wales
- Skills to get by in the 21st century, Esther Wojciki
- Learn to think and think to learn, Robert Swartz
- Blue School: from Broadway to the classroom, Matt Goldman
- Help your children discover their passions, Richard Gerver
- Educating children in an "I can" mindset, Kiran Bir Sethi
To learn more about BBVA Compass, visit: www.bbvacompass.com
About BBVA Group
BBVA (BBVA) is a customer-centric global financial services group founded in 1857. The Group has a strong leadership position in the Spanish market, is the largest financial institution in Mexico, it has leading franchises in South America and the Sunbelt Region of the United States; and it is also the leading shareholder in Garanti, Turkey's biggest bank for market capitalization. Its diversified business is focused on high-growth markets and it relies on technology as a key sustainable competitive advantage. Corporate responsibility is at the core of its business model. BBVA fosters financial education and inclusion, and supports scientific research and culture. It operates with the highest integrity, a long-term vision and applies the best practices. More information about BBVA Group can be found at bbva.com.
About BBVA Compass
BBVA Compass is a Sunbelt-based financial institution that operates 645 branches, including 332 in Texas, 89 in Alabama, 63 in Arizona, 61 in California, 45 in Florida, 37 in Colorado and 18 in New Mexico. BBVA Compass ranks among the top 25 largest U.S. commercial banks based on deposit market share and ranks among the largest banks in Alabama (2nd), Texas (4th) and Arizona (6th). BBVA Compass has been recognized as one of the leading small business lenders by the Small Business Administration (SBA) and ranked 6th nationally in the total number of SBA loans originated in fiscal year 2017. Additional information about BBVA Compass can be found under the Investor Relations tab at bbvacompass.com. For more BBVA Compass news, follow @BBVACompassNews on Twitter, visit newsroom.bbvacompass.com, or visit bbva.com.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bbva-announces-availability-of-english-version-of-aprendemos-juntos-podcasts-300783311.html