Today's 5 Stock Ideas:
- Sony (SNE) - An earnings play. Will report quarterly results before the market open on Wednesday, May 13.
- Cinemark (CNK) - A sympathy/potential peer play following a report Amazon (AMZN) is circling AMC Theaters (AMC) for an acquisition deal. While AMC shares were up more than 40% in pre-market action, shares of Cinemark were up 0.4%.
- Moderna (MRNA) - Despite a report Moderna sped up its plans for a coronavirus vaccine and could have late-stage human trials by early summer, shares were down about 2% ahead of the open.
- Slack Technologies (WORK) - A play on online/remote communication. On Friday, shares of peer Zoom Video (ZM) fell amid a report Alphabet (GOOGL) will allow group calling via its Google Duo software.
- CarMax (KMX) - A peer play following better-than-expected earnings of AutoNation (AN) Monday morning.
See more from Benzinga
- Benzinga Pro's Top 5 Stocks To Watch For Thurs., Apr. 30, 2020: AAPL, LVS, MRNA, IMKTA, CAPR
- Benzinga Pro's Top 5 Stocks To Watch For Thurs., Apr. 23, 2020: TGT, MAR, ZM, GOOD, BECN
- Benzinga Pro's Top 5 Stocks To Watch For Thurs., Apr. 9, 2020: SBUX, MCHP, LOCO, EPR, ITP
© 2020 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.