Here's a roundup of top developments in the biotech space over the last 24 hours.
Scaling the Peaks
(Stocks hitting 52-week highs on May 8)
- CONMED Corporation (NASDAQ: CNMD)
- Enanta Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: ENTA)
- Helius Medical Technologies Inc (NASDAQ: HSDT)
- SurModics, Inc. (NASDAQ: SRDX)
Down In The Dumps
(Stocks hitting 52-week lows on May 8)
- Acasti Pharma Inc (NASDAQ: ACST)
- Agenus Inc (NASDAQ: AGEN) (has been falling since it reported Q1 results on Monday)
- Alimera Sciences Inc (NASDAQ: ALIM)
- Aralez Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: ARLZ) (reported Q1 results Tuesday and announced plans to discontinue U.S. commercial business)
- Celgene Corporation (NASDAQ: CELG)
- DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc (NASDAQ: XRAY)
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: REGN)
- RXi Pharmaceuticals Corp (NASDAQ: RXII)
- VBI Vaccines Inc (NASDAQ: VBIV)
- 2018 Disruptive Growth and Healthcare Conference – May 8-9, in New York City
- Deutsche Bank 43rd Annual Health Care Conference – May 8-9, at the InterContinental Boston Hotel
Stocks In Focus Opko Posts Better-than-expected results
The stock rallied 6.21 percent to $3.42 in after-hours trading.
Penumbra's Beat-And-Raise Quarter
The stock rallied 5.96 percent to $144 after hours.
Synthetic Biologic Posts Narrower-Than-Expected Loss
Synthetic Biologics Inc (NYSE: SYN) reported a loss of 2 cents per share for its Q1, narrower than the loss of 5 cents expected.
The stock jumped 11.28 percent to $0.2773 in after-hours trading.
OpGen Q1 Beats Estimates
OpGen Inc (NASDAQ: OPGN) reported a narrower-than-expected loss and above-consensus revenues for its Q1.
The stock gained 3.68 percent to $1.97 in after-hours trading.
Transenterix Gains On Q1 Beat
Transenterix Inc (NYSE: TRXC) shares were up 12 percent Wednesday morning in reaction to its Q1 results that showed break-even bottom-line results and revenues of $4.8 million. Analysts, on average, estimated a loss of 7 cents per share on revenues of $3.84 million.
On The Radar
The following companies report earnings on Wednesday:
- Mylan NV (NASDAQ: MYL) Q1 EPS $0.96 Misses $0.98 Estimate, Sales $2.68B Miss $2.75B Estimate
- Endocyte, Inc. (NASDAQ: ECYT)
- FibroGen Inc (NASDAQ: FGEN)
- Jounce Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: JNCE) Q1 EPS $(0.40) Misses $(0.31) Estimate, Sales $11.19M Miss $15.64M Estimate
- Neos Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: NEOS) Q1 EPS $(0.50) Misses $(0.48) Estimate, Sales $10.72M Beat $9.79M Estimate
- AcelRx Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: ACRX)
- Adaptimmune Therapeutics PLC – ADR (NASDAQ: ADAP) Q3 EPS $(0.04) Beats $(0.24) Estimate, Sales $8.19M Miss $9.1M Estimate
- Arcadia Biosciences Inc (NASDAQ: RKDA)
- Array Biopharma Inc (NASDAQ: ARRY)
- Audentes Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: BOLD)
- Collegium Pharmaceutical Inc (NASDAQ: COLL)
- Glaukos Corp (NYSE: GKOS)
- Horizon Pharma PLC (NASDAQ: HZNP) Q1 EPS $0.03 Misses $0.07 Estimate, Sales $223.881M Miss $234.17M Estimate
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: INO)
- Portola Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: PTLA)
- PTC Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: PTCT)
- Puma Biotechnology Inc (NASDAQ: PBYI)
- Viking Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: VKTX)
- Ophthotech Corp (NASDAQ: OPHT) Q1 EPS $(0.36) Beats $(0.40) Estimate
- Novavax, Inc. (NASDAQ: NVAX)
See more from Benzinga
- Benzinga's Daily Biotech Pulse: Valeant Earnings, Lipocine's FDA Watch, Invivo CFO Departure
- The Week Ahead In Biotech: PDUFA Dates, Earnings, IPOs And More
- Benzinga's Daily Biotech Pulse: Portola Receives FDA Nod, Mallinckrodt Gets Thumbs Down
© 2018 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.