- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
- The national delinquency rate hit its lowest level since the onset of the pandemic and is now back below its pre-Great Recession average
- Despite the improvement, there are more than 1.5 million homeowners 90 or more days past due on their mortgages but who are not in foreclosure, still nearly four times pre-pandemic levels
- Serious delinquency rates remain elevated by more than a full percentage point across all 50 states, with Hawaii and Nevada serious delinquency rates remaining elevated by 3.4 percentage points
- Though serious delinquencies remain significantly elevated, the share of mortgages in active foreclosure fell to yet another record low in June at 0.27%
- Recent pullbacks in interest rates resulted in prepayment activity edging upward for the first time in three months
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., July 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) reports the following "first look" at June 2021 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database representing the majority of the national mortgage market.
Total U.S. loan delinquency rate (loans 30 or more days past due, but not in foreclosure): 4.37%
Month-over-month change: -7.62%
Year-over-year change: -42.39%
Total U.S. foreclosure pre-sale inventory rate: 0.27%
Month-over-month change: -1.73%
Year-over-year change: -24.23%
Total U.S. foreclosure starts: 4,400
Month-over-month change: 15.79%
Year-over-year change: -25.42%
Monthly prepayment rate (SMM): 2.28%
Month-over-month change: 6.23%
Year-over-year change: -14.11%
Foreclosure sales as % of 90+: 0.12%
Month-over-month change: 0.39%
Year-over-year change: 160.52%
Number of properties that are 30 or more days past due, but not in foreclosure: 2,320,000
Month-over-month change: -191,000
Year-over-year change: -1,714,000
Number of properties that are 90 or more days past due, but not in foreclosure: 1,550,000
Month-over-month change: -119,000
Year-over-year change: -324,000
Number of properties in foreclosure pre-sale inventory: 145,000
Month-over-month change: -3,000
Year-over-year change: -47,000
Number of properties that are 30 or more days past due or in foreclosure: 2,466,000
Month-over-month change: -193,000
Year-over-year change: -1,760,000
Top 5 States by Non-Current* Percentage
West Virginia: 6.11%
Bottom 5 States by Non-Current* Percentage
Top 5 States by 90+ Days Delinquent Percentage
Top 5 States by 6-Month Improvement in Non-Current* Percentage
Rhode Island: -31.45%
New Jersey: -30.93%
Top 5 States by 6-Month Deterioration in Non-Current* Percentage
District of Columbia: -20.49%
North Dakota: -21.65%
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
1) Totals are extrapolated based on Black Knight's loan-level database of mortgage assets.
2) All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand, except foreclosure starts, which are rounded to the nearest hundred.
For a more detailed view of this month's "first look" data, please visit the Black Knight newsroom.
The company will provide a more in-depth review of this data in its monthly Mortgage Monitor report, which includes an analysis of data supplemented by detailed charts and graphs that reflect trend and point-in-time observations. The Mortgage Monitor report will be available online at https://www.blackknightinc.com/data-reports/ by Aug. 2, 2021.
For more information about gaining access to Black Knight's loan-level database, please send an email to Mortgage.Monitor@bkfs.com.
About Black Knight
Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) is an award-winning software, data and analytics company that drives innovation in the mortgage lending and servicing and real estate industries, as well as the capital and secondary markets. Businesses leverage our robust, integrated solutions across the entire homeownership life cycle to help retain existing customers, gain new customers, mitigate risk and operate more effectively.
Our clients rely on our proven, comprehensive, scalable products and our unwavering commitment to delivering superior client support to achieve their strategic goals and better serve their customers. For more information on Black Knight, please visit www.blackknightinc.com.
For more information:
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/black-knight-1-55-million-serious-delinquencies-remain-at-current-rate-of-reduction-1-million-still-likely-as-septembers-wave-of-forbearance-expirations-begins-301338745.html
SOURCE Black Knight, Inc.