Stock Monitor: CVD Equipment Post Earnings Reporting
LONDON, UK / ACCESSWIRE / November 29, 2017 / Active-Investors issued a free report on ABB Ltd (NYSE: ABB), which is readily accessible upon registration at www.active-investors.com/registration-sg/?symbol=ABB as the Company's latest news hit the wire. On November 27, 2017, the Company together with Kawasaki Heavy Industries, a leading industrial automation and robot supplier, declared that they have signed a global cooperation agreement wherein they would join forces to share knowledge and promote the benefits of collaborative robots, mainly those with dual arm designs. Sign up now for our free research reports at:
Active-Investors.com is currently working on the research report for CVD Equipment Corporation (NASDAQ: CVV), which also belongs to the Industrial Goods sector as the Company ABB Ltd. Do not miss out and become a member today for free to access this upcoming report at:
Active-Investors.com is focused on giving you timely information and the inside line on companies that matter to you. This morning, ABB most recent news is on our radar and we have decided to include it on our blog post. Today's free coverage is available at:
This collaboration agreement, which would be effective immediately, is the first-ever collaboration that focuses on ‘cobots' and creation of common industry approaches to safety, programming, and communications.
Terms and Conditions
- As per the new cooperation agreement, both the robot makers would continue to manufacture and market their own offerings independently, while also working together on joint technical and awareness opportunities.
- These joint areas of work comprise educating policy makers, NGOs, and the general public about the advantages of collaborative automation, and creating common industry approaches to safety, programming, and communications.
- The cooperation agreement covers collaboration across borders. ABB is Europe's largest robot supplier while Kawasaki is one of Asia's industrial giants.
ABB and Kawasaki's Pioneering Offerings
- ABB Robotics is a leader in industrial and collaborative robots and advanced digital services. Currently, it has presence in about 53 countries and over 100 locations, and has shipped more than 300,000 robot solutions in a diverse range of industries and applications.
- ABB is acknowledged as a pioneer in collaborative automation due to its YuMi dual arm robot, which is the world's first truly collaborative robot. The YuMi robot allows people and robots to safely share common tasks like assembling small electronics.
- Kawasaki Robotics is a leading supplier of industrial robots and robot automation systems with a broad product portfolio. It has already shipped around 170,000 robots in about 50 countries.
- Kawasaki is offering its novel Dual-Arm SCARA Robot "duAro", which has been developed based on extensive application know-how. It can also safely collaborate and share tasks with humans in the workplace.
- The first output from this cooperation will be a collaborative dual arm robot. It will be demonstrated at IREX International Robot Exhibition 2017, which is to be held in Tokyo, Japan, from November 29 to December 02, 2017. The robot would be exhibited at booths IR3-56, IR5-22, and SR-82.
Increasing Need for Collaborative Automation
- Nowadays, production in most industries has shifted from larger lots with little variation to low volumes with a high mix. This means more variability and hence required greater human intervention. Therefore, collaboration between people and robots, machines, and processes is becoming increasingly important.
- Collaborative automation brings together the unique strengths of people as well as robots. People offer process knowledge, insight, and improvisation for change, while robots offer tireless endurance for repetitive tasks.
Yasuhiko Hashimoto, Managing Executive Officer and General Manager, Kawasaki Robot Division, shared that collaborative robots, particularly those with two arms who are capable of human interactions, can significantly contribute to the society and help overcome the issue of labor shortages and an aging workforce. Thus, he envisions great potential in expanding collaborative applications and processes. He also expressed his pleasure on joining forces with ABB to lead the drive for more user-friendly, advanced collaborative automation.
Similarly, Per Vegard Nerseth, Managing Director of ABB's Robotics business, stated that the robotics industry is transforming at a very rapid scale and pace. He expressed that along with collaborative automation technology, there is also a need for innovative ways of working together and creating common industry approaches to safety, programming, and communications.
Stock Performance Snapshot
November 28, 2017 - At Tuesday's closing bell, ABB's stock marginally climbed 0.78%, ending the trading session at $25.83.
Volume traded for the day: 2.14 million shares, which was above the 3-month average volume of 1.42 million shares.
Stock performance in the last month – up 1.85%; previous three-month period – up 12.70%; past twelve-month period – up 26.62%; and year-to-date - up 22.59%
After yesterday's close, ABB's market cap was at $55.24 billion.
Price to Earnings (P/E) ratio was at 24.65.
The stock has a dividend yield of 2.94%.
The stock is part of the Industrial Goods sector, categorized under the Diversified Machinery industry. This sector was up 1.3% at the end of the session.
Active-Investors (A-I) produces regular sponsored and non-sponsored reports, articles, stock market blogs, and popular investment newsletters covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and Canadian stocks. A-I has two distinct and independent departments. One department produces non-sponsored analyst certified content generally in the form of press releases, articles and reports covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and the other produces sponsored content (in most cases not reviewed by a registered analyst), which typically consists of compensated investment newsletters, articles and reports covering listed stocks and micro-caps. Such sponsored content is outside the scope of procedures detailed below.
A-I has not been compensated; directly or indirectly; for producing or publishing this document.
PRESS RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The non-sponsored content contained herein has been prepared by a writer (the "Author") and is fact checked and reviewed by a third-party research service company (the "Reviewer") represented by a credentialed financial analyst [for further information on analyst credentials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Rohit Tuli, a CFA® charterholder (the "Sponsor"), provides necessary guidance in preparing the document templates. The Reviewer has reviewed and revised the content, as necessary, based on publicly available information which is believed to be reliable. Content is researched, written and reviewed on a reasonable-effort basis. The Reviewer has not performed any independent investigations or forensic audits to validate the information herein. The Reviewer has only independently reviewed the information provided by the Author according to the procedures outlined by A-I. A-I is not entitled to veto or interfere in the application of such procedures by the third-party research service company to the articles, documents or reports, as the case may be. Unless otherwise noted, any content outside of this document has no association with the Author or the Reviewer in any way.
A-I, the Author, and the Reviewer are not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. A-I, the Author, and the Reviewer expressly disclaim any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Additionally, A-I, the Author, and the Reviewer do not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
NOT AN OFFERING
This document is not intended as an offering, recommendation, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned or discussed, and is to be used for informational purposes only. Please read all associated disclosures and disclaimers in full before investing. Neither A-I nor any party affiliated with us is a registered investment adviser or broker-dealer with any agency or in any jurisdiction whatsoever. To download our report(s), read our disclosures, or for more information, visithttp://active-investors.com/legal-disclaimer/.
For any questions, inquiries, or comments reach out to us directly. If you're a company we are covering and wish to no longer feature on our coverage list contact us via email and/or phone between 09:30 EDT to 16:00 EDT from Monday to Friday at:
Phone number: 73 29 92 6381
Office Address: 6, Jalan Kia Peng, Kuala Lumpur, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.