MILWAUKEE, WI--(Marketwired - Jun 5, 2013) -
- Over 700 employees in Southeast Wisconsin package food items, trim hedges and label food canisters as part of BMO Volunteer Day
- Milwaukee Buck John Henson joins in the fun, helping plant victory gardens at Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity warehouse and sorting food for Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin.
Launched over a decade ago, BMO Financial Group's annual Volunteer Day was celebrated on June 5th as approximately 5,600 BMO volunteers spread out aross the U.S and Canada, volunteering at over 470 organizations. Over 700 of those volunteers were in Southeast Wisconsin.
"Giving back to the community is ingrained in the culture of our organization," said Brad Chapin, Executive Vice President, Business Banking, BMO Harris Bank. "BMO Volunteer Day builds on a tradition that goes back to 2001 here in Wisconsin, and it provides us with a wonderful opportunity to mobliize our workforce for the good of our local communities."
A wide variety of activities took place in Milwaukee and throughout Southeast Wisconsin, including:
- 70 volunteers packaged food items at the Hunger Task Force in Milwaukee.
- 25 volunteers helped sand and paint trim, bend aluminum siding and plant victory gardens at the Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity warehouse. John Henson of the Milwaukee Bucks joined in the fun, helping to plant gardens with the other volunteers.
- 40 volunteers dedicated their time towards packaging, labelling and sorting food in the warehouse at Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin. John Henson was also able to attend this event and lend a hand.
About BMO Volunteer Day
Approximately 5,600 BMO employees across the U.S. and Canada are making a difference on June 5 by volunteering in our communities at more than 470 organizations. Launched in 2001, BMO Volunteer Day is a North American initiative that has grown significantly in each year of its efforts. Employees volunteer in a variety of projects throughout the bank's communities, including children and youth organizations, elder care, food banks, community housing, health care facilities, family resource centers, parks and recreational facilities, military personnel, relief organizations and homeless shelters.
About BMO Harris Bank
BMO Harris Bank provides a broad range of personal banking products and solutions through over 600 branches and approximately 1,300 ATMs in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Minnesota, Nevada, Arizona and Florida. BMO Harris Bank's commercial banking team provides a combination of sector expertise, local knowledge and mid-market focus throughout the U.S. For more information about BMO Harris Bank, go to the company fact sheet. Deposit and loan products and services provided by BMO Harris Bank N.A. Member FDIC. BMO Harris Bank(SM) is a trade name used by BMO Harris Bank N.A. BMO Harris Bank is part of BMO Financial Group, a North American financial organization with approximately 1,600 branches, and approximately $542 billion in assets (as of Jan. 31, 2013).