NEW YORK, NEW YORK--(Marketwire - Jan 11, 2013) - Brian Belski, Chief Investment Strategist at BMO Capital Markets, forecasted an S&P 500 2012 year-end target of 1,425. With the index closing at 1,426, Mr. Belski was on the mark and one of the few strategists with an unrevised target from an initial forecast.
Mr. Belski, an industry veteran and top-rated analyst, provides his outlook for the year ahead:
- S&P 500 price target of 1,575 in 2013
- EPS forecasts for year-end 2013: $106.25
- US stocks to deliver another positive performance in 2013
- Earnings growth below historical averages, but will be of higher quality and more consistent
- Domestic recovery will help offset volatility from other regions in the world