Bon Iver are embarking on their upcoming 22, A Million tour with a philanthropic mission. Today, the Wisconsin band announced the launch of their 2 A Million campaign, which aims to create “person-to-person connections in an effort to end gender inequality, domestic violence, and sexual abuse.” As part of the campaign, the band will partner with local organizations in each city they perform in to promote gender equity “centerstage thru action, fundraising, and education.”
The North American and European tour kicks off next week in California, and several California-based women empowerment organizations are tagged in the 2 A Million announcement. To make a donation to 2 A Million, text “2AM” to 56512.
Continue Reading On PigeonsandPlanes
More from PigeonsandPlanes
- Bon Iver Announce '2 A Million' Campaign
- Listen to Lauryn Hill's Revamped Version of "Rebel / I Find it Hard to Say"
- Watch Rihanna Perform "FourFiveSeconds" With Paul McCartney at Desert Trip
- Listen To Kodak Black's Uplifting New Song "Chances"
- Watch Pusha T Introduce VP Nominee Tim Kaine at a Block Party in Florida