CAMBRIDGE, MA--(Marketwired - Sep 30, 2013) - Bradford Networks, the best choice to secure network access for BYOD, today announced that the company's Founder and CTO, Frank Andrus, will present a session on best practices for ensuring a secure and comprehensive bring-your-own-device (BYOD) strategy at Interop New York 2013, which takes place September 30 - October 4th at the Javits Center.
Frank Andrus, founder and chief technology officer, Bradford Networks
Today's users want to leverage their own devices for both business and personal use. Employers support this BYOD phenomenon as it improves productivity, user satisfaction, operational efficiencies and cuts costs. However, BYOD significantly expands a company's attack vector, and can introduce innumerous security vulnerabilities and threats. To ensure that corporate assets are protected, IT needs to know the device types, where they are, and who the user is so they can provide convenient, secure access to authorized users based on their user profiles and devices.
In this session, Bradford Networks' CTO Frank Andrus will share ten steps needed to develop a secure and comprehensive BYOD ecosystem. Session attendees will:
- Understand the security and management issues that BYOD introduces to enterprises;
- Learn how to create a layered approach to security in order to gain complete visibility and control over the increasing numbers of users and devices on corporate networks;
- Discover the complexities of managing and securing emerging threats from smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles, tablets and any other IP-enabled device;
- Understand how to enable employees to automatically onboard personal devices onto the network while maintaining a secure IT infrastructure;
- Hear the personnel and process issues to examine in order to design an effective BYOD strategy for their organization.
Thursday, October 3 from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
Javits Center, New York, NY, 1E09
For more information on Interop New York 2013, please visit the event website at http://www.interop.com/newyork.
About Bradford Networks
Bradford Networks offers the best solution to enable secure network access for corporate issued and personal mobile devices. The company's flexible Network Sentry solution is the first network security offering that can automatically identify all devices and all users on a network, providing complete visibility and control. Network Sentry provides a view across all brands of network equipment and connecting devices eliminating the network blind spots that can introduce risk. Network Sentry is now used by more than 900 enterprise customers worldwide in markets such as healthcare, financial services, retail, government, education and more. For more information, please visit www.bradfordnetworks.com.
Network Sentry and SmartEdge are trademarks of Bradford Networks, Inc. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.