NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - Jan 4, 2016) - Coway, a Korean company known for creating health-minded technologies, launches today its first U.S. available product for the connected home at the 2016 International Consumer Electronics show (CES). Airmega, a smart air purifier available February 2016 for purchase, will be part of CES Unveiled on January 4, 2016 in Las Vegas, NV.
Indoor air can be two to five times more polluted than outdoor air. Given that the Environmental Protection Agency estimates people spend over 90% of their time indoors, air quality is a major issue most consumers can relate to. Airmega reduces up to 99.97% pollutants larger than 0.3 micron (smaller than a thousandth of the width of a fingernail) from the air for improved respiratory health, particularly increasing comfort for consumers who suffer from allergies or asthma.
"As the issue of air quality becomes more apparent in the U.S., we took a look at the marketplace and identified that there was a gap," says Ryan Lee, Manager, North America, Coway. "We wanted to create a product that doesn't just monitor the air, but also purify it by automatically adjusting its settings based on real-time conditions. Something as simple as improving indoor air quality can vastly improve quality of life, but it's often a forgotten aspect of a happy home. Airmega creates a more comfortable home in a way consumers can feel and see through in-app monitoring, while the device does all the heavy lifting."
Airmega air purifier features include:
- A multi-stage filtration system works to efficiently, quickly, and quietly clear the air in your home:
- Green True High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter (containing gingko and Japanese sumac)
- Activated carbon filter (containing coconut extracts), which captures and reduces more than 99% of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and odors
- Dual-suction fan
- Compact design, but large coverage area (approx. 1,560 sq ft)
- WiFi-connected device that is fully controllable via mobile app, and automated in smart mode using sensor optimization
- Intuitive app helps user become more aware and knowledgeable of the state of air quality in their home:
- User can live-monitor pollution level of their home
- Historical data collected of pollution level, from a 24 hour cross-section to a year's worth of data
- Monitor current filter consumption level like a fuel gauge on a car dashboard
- Convenient in-app purchases to replace filters, as simple as a tap of the finger
- Quiet fans help maintain the home as a peaceful sanctuary, while increasing comfort levels with cleaner air
You can find Airmega featured at Coway's booth at the Sands Expo Center in the Smart Home section, booth #70336 and during CES Unveiled 2016 on January 4, 2016. Airmega will be available for purchase in February 2016 through www.airmega.com.
Airmega is a connected air purifier that intelligently, efficiently and quietly cleans the air in your home. Backed by Coway, a Korean tech giant focused on inventing health-minded technologies, Airmega works to improve air quality, and in turn, respiratory health. For more information, visit www.airmega.com.