The British pound rallied significantly during the trading session on Monday against the Japanese yen, as the markets are starting to realize that perhaps there won’t be a major escalation in the Syrian conflict. As we went into the weekend, a lot of trading would have been more for covering any type of risk appetite out there, as headlines across the weekend could have caused issues.
When I look at this chart, the 150 level is the “floor” of the overall uptrend, and I think that the market should continue to go much higher. I think that the 155 level above is the target, and I believe that we will eventually get there, if not higher. I like the idea of buying dips, which is exactly what we have gotten over the last couple of days. If things calm down on the risk appetite front, that should help this market as well, and the GBP/JPY pair is one of the best ways to play the markets if they are going and more of a positive attitude. Obviously, if we get some type of sell off in the stock markets or other risk appetite assets, this market could roll over rather quickly as well. In the short term, the 152.50 level is supportive, but I think it’s a minor support level, so I would not be overly concerned if we broke through it.
GBP/JPY Video 16.04.18
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- Three Great Bearish Setups. USDCAD, USDCHF and NZDJPY
- Monero Technical Analysis – Bullish Trend to Continue – 17/04/18
- Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin and Ripple Daily Analysis – 17/04/18
- NZD/USD Progressive Zig-Zag Uptrend
- RBA Minutes and China GDP Slam the Aussie Dollar, while Trump Bashes the USD
- Ethereum markets pulled back on Monday