Axon announces multiple domestic orders of body-worn, in-car and in-room cameras backed by digital data management solution Axon Evidence
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Feb. 27, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Axon (AAXN), the global leader in connected public safety technologies, today announced that Buffalo Police Department, a Major Cities Chiefs Association member, will deploy 550 Axon Body 2 cameras backed by the digital data management solution Axon Evidence (Evidence.com). This order was received in the fourth quarter of 2018 and will ship in multiple phases.
"The Buffalo Police Department is looking forward to deploying Axon body cameras to our Patrol officers," says Captain Jeff Rinaldo of BPD. "It is our goal that these devices help to continue strengthening our relationship with our citizens and continue to provide transparency to our operations."
The following orders were received from domestic agencies and represent only those agencies who granted permission to be named:
- Buffalo Police Department (NY): 550 Axon Body 2 cameras on a 3-year contract
- Savannah Police Department (GA): 542 Axon Body 2 cameras on a 5-year contract
- San Mateo County Sheriff's Office (CA): 537 Axon Body 2 cameras and 80 Axon Fleet 2 in-car video systems* on a 5-year contract
- Santa Monica Police Department (CA): 325 Axon Body 2 cameras, 35 Axon Flex 2 cameras and 65 Axon Fleet 2 in-car video systems on a 5-year contract
- New Orleans Police Department (LA): 300 Axon Body 2 cameras and 80 Axon Fleet 2 in-car video systems on a 10-year contract
- Odessa Police Department (TX): 184 Axon Body 2 cameras and 154 Axon Fleet 2 in-car video systems on a 5-year contract and 8 Axon Interview camera systems
- Suffolk Police Department (VA): 132 Axon Fleet 2 in-car video systems on a 5-year contract and 8 Axon Interview camera systems
- Broward County Sheriff's Office (FL): 47 Axon Body 2 cameras
*Axon Fleet 2 in-car video systems include two cameras
Axon is a network of devices, apps and people that helps public safety personnel become smarter and safer. With a mission of protecting life, our technologies give customers the confidence, focus and time they need to keep their communities safe. Our products impact every aspect of a public safety officer's day-to-day experience.
We work hard for those who put themselves in harm's way for all of us. To date, there are more than 325,200 software seats booked on the Axon network around the world and more than 212,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with the Axon network of devices, apps and people. Learn more at www.axon.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. Twitter is a trademark of Twitter, Inc.
Axon, Axon Body 2, Axon Evidence, Axon Fleet 2, Axon Flex 2, Axon Interview, and the Delta Logo are trademarks of Axon Enterprise, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and other countries. For more information, visit www.axon.com/legal. All rights reserved.
Follow Axon here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/axon_us
- Axon on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.axon.com, https://www.axon.com/press, www.twitter.com/axon_us and https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/ where Axon discloses information about the company, its financial information and its business.
PR and Communications Manager
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/buffalo-police-department-rolls-out-550-body-worn-cameras-for-patrol-officers-now-the-48th-major-city-to-join-the-axon-network-300802815.html