The Dow, S&P500 and Nasdaq all began this year with strong gains. Our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank, sees a Bullish 2019. He says he remains bullish on stocks this year although he’s not a permabull. He joins me now. John let’s take this in two parts.
1. Why are you still bullish?
2. Are you not a permabull because you don’t see record market gains ahead?
3. What are some of the market risks out there in the near-term?
4. Did the valuation takedown of the last 3 months have to happen in order to bring the market back to normalcy?
5. What do you see as fair value this year for the S&P500?
6. Amid this upward draft in stocks, there’s talk of a new fear among investors, the fear of Missing Out on the rally. Do you see that?
7. As we make our way through the Q4 earnings season, what role do you see earnings playing in underpinning the market?
8. Stocks you’re eyeing up now include Myriad Genetics (MYGN), CME Group (CME) and Rockwell Automation (ROK).
That’s the latest from Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank. With John, I’m Terry Ruffolo.
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (ROK) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Myriad Genetics, Inc. (MYGN) : Free Stock Analysis Report
CME Group Inc. (CME) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research