REDWOOD CITY, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 6, 2013) - Today, C3 Energy -- a provider of smart grid analytics SaaS solutions -- announced the general availability of C3 Enterprise version 4, the latest version of its customer engagement and energy efficiency portal used by utilities and their large commercial and industrial customers to analyze and optimize energy use. C3 Enterprise leverages the data integration and big data analytics capabilities of the C3 Energy Analytics Platform, which powers all C3 Energy analytics applications.
C3 Enterprise version 4 - Deeper Insights and Increased Customer Engagement
With C3 Enterprise version 4, utility managers and their customers can easily identify facilities with the greatest energy efficiency opportunities and evaluate the energy conservation measures that best meet their business needs. C3 Enterprise version 4 newly supports mobile users, provides individualized customer portals, enhances energy savings recommendations, identifies utility rebates, and dynamically delivers real-time dashboards and reports.
Key features of C3 Enterprise version 4 include:
- C3 Enterprise for iPad™ provides utilities and their customers with mobile access to their energy information, anytime and anywhere.
- C3 Enterprise Customer Portal™ enables utilities to provide their customers with direct access to secure, individualized energy portals so customers can better understand and manage their energy dynamics.
- Facility Benchmark Reports compare the detailed energy usage characteristics of facilities against their corporate peers and industry-standard benchmarks, including the nationwide Commercial Building End Use Survey (CBECS) and the California End Use Survey (CEUS).
- Building Performance Reports present the comprehensive energy profile of a single facility. At a glance, utility account managers and facilities managers can understand the patterns of energy cost, consumption, and demand; view consumption by end-use; and review the financial performance of energy efficiency measures.
- C3 Rebate Catalog provides access to a full library of energy efficiency rebates available from utilities across the United States.
"The new mobile capabilities of C3 Enterprise version 4 make it possible for utility account managers and engineers to have access to vital customer information on-the-go and in the field," said Ed Abbo, C3 Energy President and Chief Technology Officer. "Also, the ability for large commercial and industrial organizations themselves to access their energy dynamics online contributes to a richer, more effective partnership between utilities and their customers to achieve energy efficiency goals."
C3 Energy Analytics Platform - Big Data Integration. Sophisticated Analytics.
C3 Energy applications rely upon the integration and analytical foundation of the C3 Energy Analytics Platform. The C3 Energy Analytics Platform uniquely integrates large amounts of disparate data and applies sophisticated, multi-layered analytics to generate actionable, real-time insights.
"Utilities have complex data demands and high standards for the security and reliability of their technology assets. The C3 Energy Platform is a scalable, reliable, and high-performance information foundation that processes terabytes of historical and real-time data from numerous, diverse data sources," said Ed Abbo, President and Chief Technology Officer. "The C3 Energy Analytics Platform performs sophisticated analyses to provide business insights that enable utilities to increase their customer engagement, improve their operational efficiencies, and enhance their bottom line."
The C3 Energy Analytics Platform includes:
- Data Services - A scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant data management architecture that processes and stores the influx of data from energy efficiency and smart grid deployments.
- Batch Services - Abstracted core services, including job parallelization, fault-tolerance, and load balancing. Based on MapReduce, Batch Services accelerate the speed and ease of developing analytics.
- Stream Processing Services - Continuous and incremental real-time data analysis that allows for better informed decision-making to drive operational improvements.
- Integration Services - Services that load, transform, and aggregate utility and non-utility datasets to deliver actionable insights to utilities and their customers.
- Flexible Deployment Options - The ability to deploy C3 Energy solutions in a public or private cloud.
About C3 Energy
C3 Energy offers smart grid analytics SaaS solutions that enable utilities to realize the full promise of their investments in the smart grid. The C3 Energy Analytics platform is unique in its ability to integrate massive amounts of disparate data, apply sophisticated multilayered analytics, and provide highly usable portals that generate actionable real-time insights. C3 Energy provides utilities with end-to-end system visibility across supply-side and demand-side smart grid operations. C3 Energy Smart Grid Analytics solutions are in use today at utilities and energy providers, including Pacific Gas and Electric Company; Commonwealth Edison; DTE Energy; Western Massachusetts Electric Company; Entergy; Southern California Edison; and Iberdrola companies, NYSEG and RG&E.