OXNARD, CA--(Marketwired - Aug 13, 2013) - CalAmp Corp. (
"As a premier supplier of MRM solutions, with millions of wireless devices deployed across the globe, CalAmp looks to provide its customers with flexible, reliable solutions to their wireless data communications needs. Through this collaboration with Sprint and the certification of our devices, our customers will be able to leverage the speed and geographic reach of Sprint's nationwide network for a wide range of mobile and fixed-remote applications," said Greg Gower, Sr. Vice President and General Manager of CalAmp's MRM business.
The portfolio of CalAmp products certified by Sprint includes:
- LMU-720 and LMU-820 - Low-cost, low-power, light-weight tracking and messaging units ideally suited for vehicle finance, track-and-trace, stolen vehicle recovery and similar applications.
- LMU-920 and LMU-1220 - Mid-tier fleet products featuring an economical processor core and accelerometers for motion, tilt and impact detection; optimized for transportation and fleet management.
- LMU-2620 and LMU-2720 - Mainstream fleet products featuring a high performance processor core for applications requiring onboard intelligence. Capabilities include driving behavior feedback, vehicle impact logs, premium message logs, extensive I/O support as well as multiple serial ports to support mobile display terminals, Garmin Fleet Management Interface and Magellan.
- LMU-3000 - Easy-install consumer unit featuring a high performance processor core for usage-based insurance and fleet applications requiring onboard intelligence. Capabilities include vehicle roadside assistance alerts as well as driving behavior feedback, vehicle impact logs, and premium message logs.
- LMU-4220 - Premium MRM product featuring a high performance processor core with onboard intelligence, and a durable, rugged design for every-day use on heavy-duty trucks and buses. Capabilities include vehicle alerts, driving behavior feedback, vehicle impact logs and premium message logs, as well as highly configurable I/O and switched power serial ports enabling extensive monitoring of buses and other transit fleet vehicles.
- TTU-720 and TTU-1220 - Rugged, environmentally sealed enclosures designed to run on battery power for extended periods; ideally suited for longer-term deployments such as tethered trailer tracking and intermodal tracking of containers and assets in transit.
"This announcement affirms Sprint's commitment to the growing M2M market, and the millions of business customers and government users who rely on the Sprint network to keep them connected. With the certification of these wireless devices from CalAmp, Sprint customers will have access to an even wider range of high-performance wireless location and messaging products. These effective MRM solutions are supported by Sprint's commitment to choice in network bandwidth, including our plans to maintain a long-term 2G 1xRTT capability. This can be very important for customers of other carriers who might be required to migrate off of 2G GPRS," said Ben Vos, Vice President of Emerging Solutions, Sprint.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint served more than 53 million customers at the end of the second quarter of 2013 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. The American Customer Satisfaction Index rated Sprint as the most improved company in customer satisfaction, across all 47 industries, during the last five years. Newsweek ranked Sprint No. 3 in both its 2011 and 2012 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation's greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
CalAmp Corp. (