REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 30, 2013) - Oracle (
- Casa Pernambucanas, a leading home goods retailer with more than 250 stores in southern and midwestern Brazil, has implemented Oracle Retail Merchandise Planning and Optimization and Oracle Retail Supply Chain Planning and Execution solutions to help drive profitable growth online and in stores.
- The Latin American retailer expects the improved operations to help increase its gross margin dollars by as much as 7 percent while helping to reduce inventory by 1.5 to 3 percent and maintaining a lower cost of ownership for its IT systems.
Improving Commerce Anywhere Operations
- Casa Pernambucanas is using the Oracle Retail solutions to gain better visibility into item performance and consumer demand, equipping business teams to target brand and product assortments to meet the needs of customers at its stores in southern and midwestern Brazil.
- To make the best use of inventory investment and improve revenue and margins, Casa Pernambucanas is leveraging Oracle Retail Allocation to standardize allocation processes across business groups and to help ensure optimal merchandise placement.
- The retailer implemented the Oracle Retail systems as part of a larger business transformation in which the company is replacing homegrown legacy systems with an open, integrated and scalable technology platform that will help lower total cost of ownership and support growth across multiple retail channels.
- Key to the deployment's success for Casa Pernambucanas is the Oracle Retail Merchandise Planning and Optimization solution's ability to support alignment with Brazil's unique fiscal, taxation and legal requirements, including the solution's ability to help issue, resolve and validate "nota fiscal" documentation required for tax compliance.
- Next, Casa Pernambucanas plans to implement Oracle Retail Stores Solutions, Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System and Oracle Retail Sales Audit, all of which are integrated with Oracle Retail Merchandise Planning and Optimization and provide the localized data and tax processes unique to Brazil.
- "The Oracle Retail system combines world-class merchandising processes with the unique functionality we require," said Marcelo Ubriaco, chief marketing officer, Casa Pernambucanas. "By integrating processes, end-to-end and across channels, we have greater overall insight to critical performance drivers, and we can manage success at the item, brand, store and ecommerce level."
- "Casa Pernambucanas has put in place the foundation for profitable growth as the retail market segment expands in Brazil," said Mike Webster, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Retail. "Oracle will continue to innovate and support the needs of Latin America retailers like Casa Pernambucanas with open, integrated and scalable solutions to connect the customer experience across multiple channels and markets."
- Oracle Retail on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Oracle Retail International Blog
- Oracle Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail in the News
- Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.