LIMA, Peru--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Cementos Pacasmayo S.A.A. and subsidiaries (CPAC) (BVL:CPACASC1) (“the Company” or “Pacasmayo”) a leading cement company serving the Peruvian construction industry, announced today its consolidated results for the second quarter (“2Q18”) and the six months ("6M18") ended June 30, 2018. These results have been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) and are stated in nominal Peruvian Soles (S/).
2Q18 Financial and Operational Highlights:
(All comparisons are to 2Q17, unless otherwise stated)
- Sales volume of cement, concrete and precasts increased 1.9% mainly due to higher sales to medium-sized companies and to the public sector.
- Revenues increased 2.3%, mainly due to an increase in sales volume
- Cement EBITDA margin of 30.3%, 2.5 percentage points higher, mainly due to operational efficiencies.
- Consolidated EBITDA of S/ 84.7 million; an increase of 9.7% compared to 2Q17.
- Net Income of S/ 23.5 million, an increase of 10.3% mainly due to higher operating income.
- Good Corporate Governance Index. Cementos Pacasmayo was included in the Lima Stock Exchange Good Corporate Governance Index (“BVL IBGC”) for the ninth consecutive year.
6M18 Financial and Operational Highlights:
(All comparisons are to 6M17, unless otherwise stated)
- Sales volume of cement, concrete and precasts increased 4.8%, mainly due to higher sales to medium-sized companies, the self-construction sector and the public sector.
- Revenues increased 7.5%, primarily due to the increase in sales volume described above, as well as an increase in the average price of cement during 1Q18
- Cement EBITDA margin of 30.1%, 1.2 percentage points higher, mainly due to operational efficiencies.
- Consolidated EBITDA of S/ 179.0 million; an increase of 12.2% compared to 6M17, primarily due to increased sales, as well as the operational efficiencies described above.
- Net Income of S/ 53.2 million, an increase of 23.7% mainly due to higher operating income.
For a full version of Cementos Pacasmayo’s Second Quarter 2018 Earnings Release, please visit http://cementospacasmayo.com.pe. As you will see, we have launched a new web page, which we hope will convey our vision in a clear and convincing manner. We hope to bring you closer to our operations through various images and videos, as well as 360° and aerial videos of our 3 plants.
CONFERENCE CALL INFORMATION:
Cementos Pacasmayo will host a conference call on Monday, July 23, 2018, to discuss these results at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time / 10:00 a.m. Lima Time.
To access the call, please dial:
+1 (877) 407-0782 (From within the U.S.)
+1 (201) 689-8567 (From outside the U.S.)
There will also be a live Audio Webcast of the event at:
About Cementos Pacasmayo S.A.A.
Cementos Pacasmayo S.A.A. is a cement company, located in the Northern region of Peru. In February 2012, the Company’s shares were listed on The New York Stock Exchange - Euronext under the ticker symbol "CPAC". With more than 60 years of operating history, the Company produces, distributes and sells cement and cement-related materials, such as concrete blocks and ready-mix concrete. Pacasmayo’s products are primarily used in construction, which has been one of the fastest-growing segments of the Peruvian economy in recent years. The Company also produces and sells quicklime for use in mining operations.
For more information, please visit http://www.investorcalendar.com/event/33611