REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 16, 2013) - Oracle (
- Oracle today announced that CenterNet S.A., an Internet provider and mobile network operator in Poland, has successfully deployed Oracle Communications Prepaid Charging to support its intelligent telecommunications network, as well as enhance network management and billing capabilities for next-generation communication services.
- As it faced growing competition, CenterNet wanted to improve its end-to-end network billing capabilities and launch convergent services from a single, common platform to better support next-generation services and improve its customers' experience.
- Oracle Communications Prepaid Charging, a part of the Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control product family, served as the primary component of the network management system. The solution enables CenterNet to improve network control, message processing and online charging across all services, networks and payment types for both pre- and post-paid customers.
- Oracle Communications Prepaid Charging also enables CenterNet to:
- Support end-to-end network control and charging in real time for multiple services -- including voice, short text message service and packet sessions
- Launch convergent services on a common platform using various network technologies -- including the global system for mobile communications (GSM), universal mobile telecommunications system (UMTS), IP, LTE and cable
- Offer a common platform for pre-paid and post-paid services, which enables integration with the provider's billing system
- Create new subscriptions and accounts without any intervention from external systems, thanks to the platform's self-provisioning capabilities
- Oracle Platinum Partner Fujitsu Technology Solutions lead the implementation and helped CenterNet achieve the functionality it required from its next-generation network management platform, while also optimizing total costs.
- CenterNet has also implemented Oracle Database and SPARC T3-1 servers as its hardware platform due to the ease of integration with Oracle Communications Prepaid Charging.
- "Oracle and Fujitsu Technology Solutions helped CenterNet to configure and tune the Oracle solution to the company's specific business needs," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications. "The unique features offered by Oracle's solution, such as out of the box integration capabilities, were crucial to the project's success, and helped to significantly reduce the implementation cost."
- "We were pleased to support CenterNet's implementation goals while also optimizing costs and meeting all functionality requirements," said Dariusz Kwieciński, head of services, Fujitsu Technology Solutions. "Further, thanks to the relationship between Fujitsu and Oracle, we completed the implementation in an extremely short period, enabling CenterNet to take advantage of its new technology capabilities quickly."
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Prepaid Charging
- Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control
- Oracle Database
- SPARC T3-1 servers
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Fujitsu is a leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Over 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (
About Fujitsu Technology Solutions
Fujitsu Technology Solutions is a leading European IT infrastructure provider with a presence in all key markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, plus India, serving large-, medium- and small-sized companies as well as consumers. With its Dynamic Infrastructures approach, the company offers a full portfolio of IT products, solutions and services, ranging from clients to datacenter solutions, Managed Infrastructure and Infrastructure as a Service. Fujitsu Technology Solutions employs more than 13,000 people and is part of the global Fujitsu Group. For more information, please see: http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/about.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.