The world’s preeminent energy conference will gather industry, policy, technology and financial leaders March 11-15 in Houston
Energy leaders, experts, government officials and policymakers, as well as leaders from the automotive, environmental, technology financial and industrial sectors, will be among the speakers at CERAWeek by IHS Markit 2019, March 11-15 at the Hilton Americas—Houston.
CERAWeek by IHS Markit is the premier annual international gathering of energy industry leaders, experts, government officials and policymakers, leaders from the technology, financial and industrial communities – and energy technology innovators.
CERAWeek 2019: New World of Rivalries: Reshaping the Energy Future will assess the evolving trends of energy markets, the impact of government policies, the environment, technology, geopolitics and the global economy. 2019 marks the 38th anniversary of the event, produced by business information provider IHS Markit (INFO).
“This year’s conference and its theme, New World of Rivalries, is about understanding a world that is being reshaped in a new era of rivalry among nations, fuels, markets, technologies—and ideas,” said Daniel Yergin, conference chair and vice chairman of IHS Markit. “We are very pleased to welcome a distinguished group of speakers to explore and expand these important discussions.”
Among other key themes to be explored at CERAWeek 2019:
- U.S. shale and the rebalancing of the world oil market
- Future of transportation – from “cars” to “mobility”
- “Wellhead to water” – the new role of the U.S. as an energy exporter
- Climate, carbon and energy transitions
- Digital transformation, artificial intelligence and machine learning – how will they change the energy industry?
- Energy investment strategies – facing volatility and growing risk
- LNG and the new era of global gas – counting on growth
- Renewables around the world – from cost to value
- Electric power – redefining competition
- Refining and petrochemical integration – and plastics
- Geopolitics and disruption – Venezuela, Iran, and the impact of U.S.-China trade dispute
Technology, innovation and the future of mobility will be areas of particular focus throughout the CERAWeek 2019 program. The Innovation Agora @ CERAWeek will feature a community of thought leaders, technologists, innovators, start-ups, investors, academics, energy companies and government officials to explore the intersection of energy and technology and digital transformation that is reshaping industry. The new Lyceum at the Agora will offer a hub for learning and new ideas generation. The mobility program at CERAWeek will provide specific insights into driverless technologies, electric vehicles, charging infrastructure and regulatory issues, among others.
Speakers at CERAWeek 2019 will include (partial list):
- Dr. Fatih Birol, executive director, International Energy Agency
- Roberto Castello Branco, CEO, Petrobras
- Lisa Murkowski, chairman, Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, U.S. Senator, State of Alaska
- Neil Chatterjee, chairman, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
- Peter Coleman, CEO and managing director, Woodside Petroleum
- John Cornyn, U.S. Senator, State of Texas
- Bob Dudley, group chief executive, BP
- David Farr, chairman and CEO, Emerson
- William Clay Ford, Jr., executive chairman, Ford Motor Company
- Vicki Hollub, president and CEO, Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Rocío Nahle García, secretary of energy, Mexico
- Staale Gjervik, incoming president, XTO Energy
- John Hess, CEO, Hess Corporation
- H.E. Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, minister of state in the United Arab Emirates, CEO, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC)
- Patti Poppe, president and CEO, CMS Energy
- Andrew R. Jassy, CEO, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Suhail Mohamed Al Mazrouei, minister of energy and industry, United Arab Emirates
- H.E. Eng. Tarek El Molla, minister of petroleum and mineral resources, The Egyptian Ministry of Petroleum
- Jennifer Morris, president, Conservation International
- Rick Perry, U.S. Secretary of Energy
- Pedro Pizarro, president and CEO, Edison International
- Eldar Sætre, president and CEO, Equinor ASA
- Hon. Amarjeet Sohi, minister of natural resources, Government of Canada
- Ulrich Spiesshofer, president and CEO, ABB
- Maarten Wetselaar, integrated gas and new energies director, Royal Dutch Shell
- Andrew Wheeler, acting administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Mike Wirth, chairman of the board and CEO, Chevron
- Jason Zander, executive vice president, Microsoft
- Wan Zulkiflee, president and group chief executive officer, PETRONAS
Visit www.ceraweek.com for a complete list of speakers and the most up-to-date program information (subject to change).
CERAWeek 2019 will be held March 11-15 at the Hilton Americas Hotel in Houston, Texas. Further information and delegate registration is available at www.ceraweek.com.
Media registration is now open. Members of the media interested in covering CERAWeek 2019 are required to apply for accreditation. Applications can be submitted via the following link: http://bit.ly/19cwmediarg.
About IHS Markit (www.ihsmarkit.com)
IHS Markit (INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 business and government customers, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions.
IHS Markit is a registered trademark of IHS Markit Ltd. and/or its affiliates. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners © 2019 IHS Markit Ltd. All rights reserved.