This data from Ericsson couldn't be clearer: If you want to sell a phone in the near future, go East. The West is basically over as a growth market for phones. That's because the U.S. and Europe is close to full penetration when it comes to high-end mobile devices. This chart shows the estimated number of smartphone subscriptions expected in different markets from 2013 to 2019. Virtually all future growth will come from emerging markets. Chart by Statista:
Statista / Ericsson
More From Business Insider
- Ex-Coworker Says Suspected Cop-Killer 'Wanted To Go Out With A Bang'
- CHART: The iPad And Other Tablets Are Turning Out To Be Far More Important Than PCs Ever Were
- Hardly Any Windows XP Users Have Upgraded Even Though The System Is Now Vulnerable To Hackers
- This Chart Shows You The Massive Influence iPhone 6 Will Have On Apple's Sales
- CHART: A Huge Chunk Of People Mostly Don't Miss TV When They Give It Up