LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / May 17, 2020 / Compare-autoinsurance.org (https://compare-autoinsurance.org/) is a top auto insurance brokerage website, providing car insurance quotes online from trustworthy agencies all over the United States. This website presents several smart ways to save money on auto insurance.
Finding affordable coverage has become a major concern since millions of drivers have become unemployed and lost their income source. Dropping coverage might seem really attractive during these difficult times. However, experts do not recommend that since leaving any gaps between coverage periods will cause premiums to be really expensive upon renewal. Furthermore, drivers who still have to finance their cars will have to keep full coverage.
There are still certain options available for drivers who want to get cheaper car insurance during the ongoing pandemic:
- Check for discounts and payment programs issued by the current provider. As the car accidents are decreasing due to the fewer cars on the roads, insurance providers are offering refunds. Providers like Allstate, Geico, Progressive, American Family, Nationwide, and others have different plans to help their customers get back a part of their premiums paid in April and May. Also, The Consumer Federation of America (CFA) has urged all insurers to provide paybacks to their drivers. In cities like New York and Los Angeles, traffic has decreased 92 percent and 73 percent, respectively and there are fewer car accidents.
- Most insurers have paused cancellation of policies due to non-payment. This is a good thing for drivers who are financially struggling in this period. However, this measure is temporary and insurers say that their pausing of late fees and cut-offs will end when the coronavirus crisis ends as well.
- Check the pay-per-mile auto insurance plans. Drivers who foresee that they will not use their vehicles too often for a long period of time should explore this option. Pay-per-mile auto insurance is mostly purchased for back-up vehicles that aren't used on a daily basis or by people who work really close to home and rarely travel.
- Drivers who use their vehicles for ridesharing or to deliver supplies can benefit of extra coverage Drivers who are making food deliveries may need business car insurance for food delivery. This is because the vehicle is used more frequently while working. In this situation, drivers need to purchase separate commercial insurance that takes over when they start the delivery and drops when they complete it. However, some companies are now taking special considerations with COVID-19 and are covering the vehicle for an accident that may occur while working. Some are covering customers who use their personal vehicles to deliver medicine, food, and other goods professionally, and others are providing coverage for most restaurants and retailers who are now doing business by delivery.
- Renounce to non-essential coverage. If the driver does not plan using the car, but still wants to be insured, should keep only the minimum requirements. If the car is financed, the driver will have to keep comprehensive & collision coverage. Talk to an insurance representative before dropping coverage.
- Apply for coronavirus-related plans. Drivers should talk with a representative of the current provider and see what plans were implemented and how to access them. Plans may include wavering late payment fees, skipping one or two payments or other similar measures.
- Exclude non-essential drivers from coverage. During these times, it is wise to keep only the person who is still working on the contract. Removing teen drivers is a good way to get lower premiums. Teens are usually the most expensive to insure. Since school has been canceled, there are very few reasons for a teen to drive and to be kept on the family's car insurance plan.
For additional info, money-saving tips and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/.
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.
"The current crisis will bring important changes to the auto insurance industry and will challenge drivers to find new ways of saving car insurance money," said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company.
Company Name: Internet Marketing Company
Person for contact: Gurgu C
Phone Number: (818) 359-3898
SOURCE: Internet Marketing Company
View source version on accesswire.com: