KATERYNA TYSHCHENKO — SATURDAY, 24 SEPTEMBER 2022, 17:47
Despite Ramzan Kadyrov's public rejection of mobilisation, the Chechen authorities have called up 564 men from various regions of Russia who applied for passports after mobilisation was announced in the Russian Federation.
Source: Novaya Gazeta. Europe, quoting a source
Details: According to Novaya Gazeta, many of these men have residence permits for various regions of Russia, but they are united by the fact that all of them, judging by the data on this list, are registered with the Federal Migration Service in Chechnya.
As the source explained, this is a list of people who submitted urgent passport applications to the Chechen District Federal Migration Service after the announcement of mobilisation. For this reason, they were detained by local law enforcement officers.
Now all these people have been forcibly taken to military units located within the Chechen Republic (mostly to a unit of the 70th Guards Motorised Rifle Regiment of the 42nd Motorised Rifle Division, based in the city of Shali). They have been recruited as conscripts to undergo training and then take part in military operations on the territory of Ukraine.
Information about men who applied for a passport after the announcement of mobilisation being abducted en masse in Chechnya has previously appeared on Chechen social media. In addition, according to Ramzan Kadyrov, the head of Chechnya, people who attempt to change their place of residence (to deregister from Chechnya and register in another region of Russia) are also being illegally mobilised in Chechnya.
Novaya Gazeta notes that all these actions by the Chechen security forces are illegal, since, according to Kadyrov himself, as well as the Chechen military commissar Turpal-Ali Yesimbiev, the conscription quota allocated to Chechnya after the announcement of mobilisation is zero people, and there will be no mobilisation in the Republic. According to Kadyrov, this is because "Chechnya exceeded the plan by 254% in advance".
On 21 September, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced partial mobilisation.
On 21 September, Kadyrov said that 15-20 women who had taken part in an anti-war demonstration in Grozny had been detained and threatened that their children or husbands would be sent to fight against Ukraine. Later, Kadyrov said that relatives of about 40 women who tried to hold an anti-war demonstration in Grozny had already been mobilised and sent to Ukraine. He also threatened that anyone who attends a demonstration, or their husbands and all their children, would be sent "to the front line".
Journalists fight on their own frontline. Support Ukrainska Pravda!